Mum accused of trafficking daughter in airline blunder

Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Default Mum accused of trafficking daughter in airline blunder

B Vaughan writes:

Because of all the news items about international traffic in infants.

What if she doesn't watch CNN?

Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin writes:

For the same reason they know they need a passport themselves.
Feminine intuition.

A lot of people don't know they need passports to travel.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:50 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

mrtravel writes:

Based on her first experience which was tramatic, if as described,
should she still consider them a reliable source?

If she has no other source, there may not be much choice.

If the airline is not a reliable source, it should not be in business.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 06:14 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Mxsmanic wrote:
mrtravel writes:

Based on her first experience which was tramatic, if as described,
should she still consider them a reliable source?

If she has no other source, there may not be much choice.

If the airline is not a reliable source, it should not be in business.

The Italian consulate might be a good source, or maybe her husband could
have checked with the authorities in Italy during his express break.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:32 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:05:15 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons
wrote:

Because of all the news items about international traffic in infants.

But she was Australian, and wasn't her husband Italian? Hardly
suspicious characters, and I assume no-one doubted it was her baby.

I have dealt with for child abduction people from the UK, USA, Portugal,
Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and quite a few
other countries that don't readily spring to mind.

Which of those would you class as suspicious.
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:44 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:10:39 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

No. She relied on the same group of people that she asked before the
first trip.

Upon whom else should she have relied, and how was she to know who was
or was not a reliable source of information?

Seeing as she was traveling to Italy, and after the first mess, the Italian
Embassy in London you would have thought would have sprung to mind. Failing
that the Australian citizen services section of the Australian High Commission
in London.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:05:15 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:45:32 +0100, B wrote:

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:58:06 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

B Vaughan writes:

I would think that any person
living in the this century would know that you can't travel
internationally with totally undocumented babies.

Why?

Because of all the news items about international traffic in infants.

But she was Australian, and wasn't her husband Italian? Hardly
suspicious characters, and I assume no-one doubted it was her baby.

From the original article, I assume that the Italian police indeed
suspected her of trafficking in babies. There have been a couple of
high-profile arrests in Italy recently for exactly that crime.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 06:49:18 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

B Vaughan writes:

Because of all the news items about international traffic in infants.

What if she doesn't watch CNN?

I don't watch CNN either.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On 02 Mar 2006 18:55:39 +0000, Des Small
wrote:

B writes:

On 02 Mar 2006 16:27:56 +0000, Des Small
wrote:

I teach an English class in our local evening school. We use a text
produced by Oxford University and some of the usages it proposes make
me cringe. Last night, I encountered "Firstly", the use of which would
have given my English teacher hives. I usually warn my students that
such usages are not universally accepted.

Well, Oxford usage and Noo Joisey(?) usage may have been different
back then, too. The Intergalactic NYT Scrapbook-Tribune gets on my
tits more than somewhat when it writes about foopball ("soccer") with
the American convention that teams are singular nouns.

Has "firstly" always been considered standard in the UK?
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:56 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:48:57 -0000, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Monday, 27th February 2006, 10:02
Category: Crime and Punishment

----
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - A horrified mum missed her own daughter's
christening and was arrested as a baby trafficker after a blunder by budget
airline Ryanair, it was claimed today.

Everyone, including me, is pointing a finger at Ryanair but unless we know,
and we don't, what question(s) this lady specifically asked Ryanair and what
she told them so they could answer those questions, we can't know if the
answer to the question was correct or not.

As a starter for 10, what nationality did she tell Ryanair the baby was,
because if she said the baby was Italian that could well produce a different
answer than if she said it was Australian, or could it even be British or any
combination thereof.