Mum accused of trafficking daughter in airline blunder

Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Default Mum accused of trafficking daughter in airline blunder

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

I don't watch CNN either.

Nor do I! (The version here in the U.S. has become just as
bad as the rest of our so-called "news" sources.)

Come on, ladies! You have a sense of humour (or is that two senses of
humour, one each). That's all you need to watch CNN.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Oh... another potatoe eater...g

I hope all that English Literature doesn't thwart your Vice-Presidential
candidacy...

Tim K

Des Small wrote:

Fowler's _Modern English Usage_ (1926) has this to say:

"""
First(ly), secondly, lastly.

Those are generally clues to the nationality of the author
of English-language books I read - along with "orientate"
and "orientated" in place of "orient" and "oriented".
Things like "our" endings for words Americans end simply
"or" (honour/honor, humour/humor) are a less reliable
indication, since many Americans (myself included) use
either (depending upon context).

Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Mxsmanic writes:

What if she doesn't watch CNN?

Where are all the news items about trafficking in infants, then?

You don't get out much, do you?

JohnT

Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

B Vaughan wrote:

I don't watch CNN either.

Nor do I! (The version here in the U.S. has become just as
bad as the rest of our so-called "news" sources.)

Come on, ladies! You have a sense of humour (or is that two senses of
humour, one each). That's all you need to watch CNN.

What would they need to watch Fox News?

JohnT

Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Martin writes:

Not in the EU.

Australia isn't in the EU.

I think that Martin is aware of that. Next question?

JohnT

Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

B Vaughan wrote:

I don't watch CNN either.

Nor do I! (The version here in the U.S. has become just as
bad as the rest of our so-called "news" sources.)

Come on, ladies! You have a sense of humour (or is that two senses of
humour, one each). That's all you need to watch CNN.

It's the same joke over and over, though.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:36:55 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Mxsmanic writes:

What if she doesn't watch CNN?

Where are all the news items about trafficking in infants, then?

I've seen them on Italian news broadcasts.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Those are generally clues to the nationality of the author
of English-language books I read - along with "orientate"
and "orientated" in place of "orient" and "oriented".

Also words such as 'spelt' and 'whilst', rather than 'spelled' and
'while'.

Except in West Yorkshire, where "while" means "until". In the 1960s, British
Railways sign boards saying "Do not Cross While The Red Lights Are Flashing"
vastly increased the death rate. While had to be amended to When.

JohnT

Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

JohnT wrote:

"S Viemeister" ? wrote in message
? "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
??
?? Those are generally clues to the nationality of the author
?? of English-language books I read - along with "orientate"
?? and "orientated" in place of "orient" and "oriented".
??
? Also words such as 'spelt' and 'whilst', rather than 'spelled' and
? 'while'.

Except in West Yorkshire, where "while" means "until". In the 1960s, British
Railways sign boards saying "Do not Cross While The Red Lights Are Flashing"
vastly increased the death rate. While had to be amended to When.

And farther north (Scotland) there's 'whiles'.