Montego Bay vs Negril Sandals

Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:05 AM
Michael Beadle

Default Montego Bay vs Negril Sandals

Went to Mayan Riveria and it was a beautiful resort but extremely windy
daily with 3-4 foot waves. Looking for a resort that is not generally windy.
Any thoughts if Sandals Montego Bay or Negril would be suitable?

Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:19 PM
Marley1964

I would say-Negril-They are no waves it's like a huge bathtub.

Old August 6th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Brian K

On 08/01/2005 9:05 PM Michael Beadle while holding "court", exclaimed:

Went to Mayan Riveria and it was a beautiful resort but extremely windy
daily with 3-4 foot waves. Looking for a resort that is not generally windy.
Any thoughts if Sandals Montego Bay or Negril would be suitable?

One of the Mo' Bay Sandals resorts is ok for little wave action but,
it's right on the approach for the airport. Jets scream overhead all
day. Supposedly they stop at night, but I didn't stick around to find
out. If you are one of those people who goes to an All Inclusive resort
and mostly stays at the resort - the choice of Jamaica is ok. But if you
plan to rent a car and go exploring on your own Jamaica is if-y. Just
make sure you get the low-down from the car rental rep of neighborhoods
to avoid.

If you liked Mexico's Mayan Rivera but don't like the waves, you want to
be on the leeward side of Cozumel or in Playa del Carmen / Playacar.
Wind / Wave action gets broken up by Cozumel. It acts as a distant
barrier island. I think it's the north end of Cancun's Zona Hotel that
has gentle waves, Isla Mujeres acts as a breakwater. The eastern and
southern parts face open ocean and get larger wave action.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old August 19th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Anonymous

Michael Beadle wrote:
Went to Mayan Riveria and it was a beautiful resort but extremely windy
daily with 3-4 foot waves. Looking for a resort that is not generally windy.
Any thoughts if Sandals Montego Bay or Negril would be suitable?

well I'd like the wind for sailing....

but try couples negril... it's on bloody bay