Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old November 11th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Emilia

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

Reid wrote in
:

Following up to Marie Lewis

pathetically incorrect puntcuation.

What does that word mean?

two keys typed in the wrong order, as happens on usenet, i'm
surprised you couldn't work that one out

Don't be surprised! It is Usenet after all. There are some people who
don't have the mental capacity to read words which have typos in them.
There is no point in arguing with them....
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Robert

Marie Lewis wrote in message ...
In article , me
writes
Marie Lewis wrote in message
In article , me
writes
Better/newer uniforms, better watches, better hair sticks/clasps,

No hair sticks (whatever they may be) would be allowed.

Little devices for holding ones hair in place.

Well, little grips with no decoration would have been allowed.

whatever, better books,

All books were provided free by the school

As they were at mine, yet I had duplicates which we owned.
I also had supplemental texts as well. Most kids got
their books for reading assignments from the library.
I got them off the bookshelves in my home. I had access
to the family set of CRC's.

Our pupils had a book each for each subject and were allowed to take
them home.

better book bags,

All pupils nowadays want "designer" bags, even the poorer pupils - and
they get them.

'zactly. But what you get, when you get it, and how you get it
tells alot.

They ALL have them.

better, better, better. Ya got
money it's ain't hard to let everyone know.

I had no idea which children came from rich and which from poor
families.

You probably weren't paying much attention. The kids all knew.

It was of no importance to me.

This tread sucks. I'm out of here.
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Emilia

Reid wrote in
:

Following up to Reid

I have had one since 1998. Yours is older than this ??

I think so, much older than 5 years I would say. Videos were very
popular in UK, most have had one for, at a wild guess, 10+ years.

I have another idea, there is probably a place I can order videos
on line from Spain.
I could try and become a Penelope Cruz (pre Hollywood)
completist. :-) I'm still daydreaming about the au-pare but I
don't think SWMBO will go for it and the spare room is tiny.

Fnac.es

Old November 11th, 2003, 11:19 PM
David Horne

Go Fig wrote:

Don't: get a PVR or DVR.

When you can get a DVD player for £40? You jest.

David

--
David Horne- website under re-construction
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Bartolmew Jojo

Marie Lewis wrote:

In article , Bartolmew Jojo
writes
Marie Lewis wrote:
It is not just the spelling: you have dreadful grammar and punctuation
as well. If you cannot learn these simple things, your qualifications
(!) are somewhat suspect.

You have dreadful punctuation. Please refer to the
Self-Important Pedantic Pus-brain's Guide to
Correct Puntuation. You'll find that your use
of (!) is pathetically incorrect puntcuation.

What does that word mean?

If you can't figure it out, too bad. I'm
not surprised. Illiterate ****.
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Bartolmew Jojo

artolmew Jojo wrote:

Marie Lewis wrote:
It is not just the spelling: you have dreadful grammar and punctuation
as well. If you cannot learn these simple things, your qualifications
(!) are somewhat suspect.

You have dreadful punctuation. Please refer to the
Self-Important Pedantic Pus-brain's Guide to
Correct Puntuation. You'll find that your use
of (!) is pathetically incorrect puntcuation.

Now I know what that (!) symbol is. It's a
depiction of Marie's vast backside, but much
smaller than the real thing. Or maybe her face.
Who could tell the difference?
Old November 12th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Robert

Emilia wrote in message ...
(Robert) wrote in
m:

Fulbright scholarships and study abroad programs are completely
different. Any old (or rather young) fool with cash (or a loan) can
study abroad.

Not true in my case. I competed with students all over the US. Some
attended prestigious universities like Harvard.

Yes, you mentioned that in your previous message.
Your programs sounds fascinating. I would certainly be interested in
learning more about your experience. Where did you study? Did you study in
Europe on a Fulbright scholarship? If not, what program was it? What was
your topic of research?

I went abroad on a reciprocol student exchange program, not a
Fulbright scholarship. I think I selected courses that my university
in the US would accept as credit towards my degree. My major was
finance but I still had some courses outside this subject I could
select, like history. I found out within a couple weeks that the
university abroad was just as worthless acedemically as universities
were in the US. In fact one professor wrote on the blackboard word
from word from the text book and we were supposed to copy it down!
This mind you was the top university in the region. So I just spent
the remainder of the time doing independent study (mostly related to
business) and meeting and hanging out with new friends in a very
beautiful setting. Unfortunately I can not say which university it was
as this might tell you who my princess friend is. Sorry.
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Miguel Cruz

Robert wrote:
[...]

So basically, you're saying that you participated in a typical blow-off
study abroad program to which at least one Harvard student applied?

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:44 AM
David

(Robert) wrote in message om...

I went abroad on a reciprocol student exchange program, not a
Fulbright scholarship. I think I selected courses that my university
in the US would accept as credit towards my degree. My major was
finance but I still had some courses outside this subject I could
select, like history. I found out within a couple weeks that the
university abroad was just as worthless acedemically as universities
were in the US.

What does "worthless academically" mean ? I am sure your princess
friend must have been badly advised to mix with such "worthless
academic" tutors ?

In fact one professor wrote on the blackboard word
from word from the text book and we were supposed to copy it down!

Ask him if he wrote the text book.

This mind you was the top university in the region.

We expected nothing less. Cut down on the superlatives, and your posts
may be given more credit.

So I just spent
the remainder of the time doing independent study (mostly related to
business) and meeting and hanging out with new friends in a very
beautiful setting. Unfortunately I can not say which university it was
as this might tell you who my princess friend is. Sorry.

Did you study BS or do a complete BS degree ? All I can say from
reading your posts is that you seem to have learnt little of the
important social skills, which one would think "independent study"
would bring...

Dave