Fort Lauderdale Hotels

Old September 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
James

Default Fort Lauderdale Hotels

I know recently there was lengthy and comprehensive postings concerning Fort
Lauderdale hotels for pre and post cruises. At the time of the postings
that thread was not applicable. Things have changed for us since we have
confirmed a HAL departing Ft. Lauderdale March 12, 08. In the past we have
stayed at Comfort Suite-1800 Federal Hwy, it was O.K., the old Marriott
Marina on S.E. 17th, it was O.K., and Hyatt Pier Sixty Six, rather pricey.

I've read where Amerisuites is remodeling and becoming a Hilton, I've looked
at the websites for Renaissance and Embassy Suites. May I have comments on
these as well as any others.

I was told to check Priceline, but not knowing what to do, it looks harder
then rocket science. Just posting this is to this newsgroup is the extent
of my computer knowledge.

James

Old September 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeri252

Hi Try valuetrips.com have had good luck with them. Always print out the
whole confirmation with the price and take it with you. Have had to show it
more then a few times, when the price was way below the regular price per
night. Amerisuites was ok for $99 in Feb., not anywhere worth the $229
they said it should have been. Good Luck Jeri

Old September 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
dparkaa

I would go to www.cruisecritic.com and click on boards at top of page,
scroll down to 'east coast departures' and there you will find all you will
ever need to know about Fort Lauderdale Hotels. There are several active
threads concerning your very questions.

Old September 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

James wrote:
(snip)

I was told to check Priceline, but not knowing what to do, it looks harder
then rocket science. Just posting this is to this newsgroup is the extent
of my computer knowledge.

James, the hotel FAQ at biddingfortravel.com contains the most
comprehensive information available on how to use Priceline for hotels.
You can find it at http://tinyurl.com/5c4jf

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!

~ Peri
Old September 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 9/15/2007 2:37 PM dparkaa consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:

"James" wrote in message

I know recently there was lengthy and comprehensive postings concerning
Fort Lauderdale hotels for pre and post cruises. At the time of the
postings that thread was not applicable. Things have changed for us since
we have confirmed a HAL departing Ft. Lauderdale March 12, 08. In the
past we have stayed at Comfort Suite-1800 Federal Hwy, it was O.K., the
old Marriott Marina on S.E. 17th, it was O.K., and Hyatt Pier Sixty Six,
rather pricey.

I've read where Amerisuites is remodeling and becoming a Hilton, I've
looked at the websites for Renaissance and Embassy Suites. May I have
comments on these as well as any others.

I was told to check Priceline, but not knowing what to do, it looks
harder then rocket science. Just posting this is to this newsgroup is
the extent of my computer knowledge.

James

I have found some gems in the smaller motels on North Birch as well as
streets ending with "mar" i.e. Terramar, Vistamar, Lunamar. These are
now boutique hotels and B&B. Some are pricey and some are not. There's
about an even distribution between gay only and mainstream guesthouses.
A number claim to be the location where "Where The Boys Are" a campy
beach movie of the early sixties, was shot. It doesn't matter if any
where. Of these, Villa Venice usually has a mix of gays and straights.
It's a nice property on North Birch.

It doesn't matter if the lodging offers a free shuttle to the cruise
port or not. You can get a quick taxi to the port and a lot of them
permit fare shearing.

The Sheraton Yankee Trader is an older hotel, but it is very well
maintained. If you want quiet the rooms in the Tower are so quiet you
can hear a pin drop. They also have two pools plus an elevated walk way
to the beach. Good food is within walking distance.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , James
wrote:

I've looked at the websites for Renaissance and Embassy Suites. May
I have comments on these as well as any others.

I have stayed at both. Got them on Priceline. I would stay at either
one again. Embassy Suites is good enough for a one night pre-cruise,
better than Amerisuites. It includes a free breakfast. Renaissance does
not include breakfast but it is the better of the two as far as the
condition of the hotel, and service.

--
Charles
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , James
wrote:

I've looked at the websites for Renaissance and Embassy Suites. May
I have comments on these as well as any others.

I have stayed at both. Got them on Priceline. I would stay at either
one again. Embassy Suites is good enough for a one night pre-cruise,
better than Amerisuites. It includes a free breakfast. Renaissance does
not include breakfast but it is the better of the two as far as the
condition of the hotel, and service.

We also stayed at both the Renaissance and at Embassy Suites and we much
prefer Embassy Suites. Their free breakfast included eggs made to order,
fresh fruit etc.

Charles, I don't know when you stayed at the Embassy Suites? We were
there jan. or feb. '06 and found the hotel to be in very good condition.
They had almost finished fixing the hotel up after the hurricane.

Here is a link to pictures of both hotels:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/547737061Aqlayp

sue
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Charles, I don't know when you stayed at the Embassy Suites? We were
there jan. or feb. '06 and found the hotel to be in very good condition.
They had almost finished fixing the hotel up after the hurricane.

I stayed there before 2006. It was okay but needed updating when I
stayed there. If they have fixed it up that is good.

--
Charles
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

Charles, I don't know when you stayed at the Embassy Suites? We were
there jan. or feb. '06 and found the hotel to be in very good condition.
They had almost finished fixing the hotel up after the hurricane.

I stayed there before 2006. It was okay but needed updating when I
stayed there. If they have fixed it up that is good.

Yes, after the hurricane they fixed up all the suites and it was very
nice. We like it so much that we will be staying there again this coming
jan.

sue
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BobEdwards

wrote:

Charles, I don't know when you stayed at the Embassy Suites? We were
there jan. or feb. '06 and found the hotel to be in very good condition.
They had almost finished fixing the hotel up after the hurricane.

I stayed there before 2006. It was okay but needed updating when I
stayed there. If they have fixed it up that is good.

Yes, after the hurricane they fixed up all the suites and it was very
nice. We like it so much that we will be staying there again this coming
jan.

sue

I would like to stay at the Embassy Suites in December but it seems a
bit pricey. Apparently they don't respond to Priceline bids anymore.
Does anyone have a suggestion about how to get a good rate there?