Sailing out of Philadelphia question...

Old June 30th, 2005, 03:59 AM
SONNY

Default Sailing out of Philadelphia question...

Hi, my wife and I are sailing out of Philadelphia on August 14, 05. Never
been in Philadelphia and need some advice on where to stay a day or two
before we cruise on the Enchantment of The Seas. We will be flying into
Philly.

Old June 30th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Ray

Hi, my wife and I are sailing out of Philadelphia on August 14, 05.
Never
been in Philadelphia and need some advice on where to stay a day or two
before we cruise on the Enchantment of The Seas. We will be flying into
Philly.

If you go to www.gophila.org, they have 2 night packages available for many
hotels in and around the city. However, I wouldn't recommend staying near
the airport since it is pretty remote and you'd have to cab it into the
city.

I just keyed in Aug 12-Aug 14 and found a few hotels in Center City (that's
where most of the attractions, shopping, and restaurants are) for less than
$300 for the package. A cab from there to the port shouldn't be more than
$20-$25.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Old June 30th, 2005, 11:17 PM

My wife and I live in Center City Philadelphia. If you plan to visit
the historic sites such as Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell etc. I
would recommend the Sheraton Society Hill and The Omni. These hotels
also put you in close proximity to many fine restaurants in the Old
City, Society Hill, South Street areas. There are also quite a few
good to excellent hotels as well as restaurants in the Rittenhouse
Square area. Center City Philadelphia is generally easy to walk
around.

The flat taxi rate from the airport to Center City is $20. Taxi fare
on the meter to the Cruise Terminal at the old Navy Yard should be no
more than that.

It may be a little hot and humid in mid August, but most people really
enjoy our city.

Buzz

Old July 1st, 2005, 01:59 AM
Surfer E2468

Never been to philadelphia? Lots of luck,and be very careful,i'm an ex
philadelphian,and hope never to have to go back there except long enough
to get to the ship,and then out of there

Old July 1st, 2005, 03:18 AM
Ray

Never been to philadelphia? Lots of luck,and be very careful,i'm an ex
philadelphian,and hope never to have to go back there except long enough
to get to the ship,and then out of there

Thanks for moving away. Don't come back.

Old July 1st, 2005, 03:19 AM
Ray

The flat taxi rate from the airport to Center City is $20. Taxi fare
on the meter to the Cruise Terminal at the old Navy Yard should be no
more than that.

I think it might be $25 by the time they visit. Cab fares are going up at
the beginning of July.

oups.com...

Old July 1st, 2005, 10:06 PM
Skwir

I agree that you should stay in one of the hotels in the old city if you are
going site seeing. I like the Sherton but it is not cheap. There is a less
expensive Days Inn in the area but you get what you pay for. If you go into
the business area there are few inexpencive places to eat. In old city you
have good restaurants that are reasonable. I suggest you take a cab to Villa
Roma in South Philadelphia for dinner.
oups.com...

Old July 1st, 2005, 10:24 PM
Surfer E2468

To thanks for moving away,you are welcome,live in a nice place now,no
more misfits like most philadelphians,best move we ever made,54 years
ago,moved when philly was a nice place to live,not a hole in the wall

Old July 2nd, 2005, 04:35 AM
Ray

To thanks for moving away,you are welcome,live in a nice place now,no
more misfits like most philadelphians,best move we ever made,54 years
ago,moved when philly was a nice place to live,not a hole in the wall

I agree that Philly is different that it was 54 years ago...

It's even better!!!!

Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Surfer E2468

Yes 54 years ago it was beautiful,now all the nice neighborhoods are
long gone,no more americans,now all clicks of asian's ,puerta
rican's,and what ever,no more people saying they are just american,too
bad