Passport needed for Belize or Honduras

Old September 19th, 2003, 06:16 AM
chip3130

Default Passport needed for Belize or Honduras

To those who know:

Do you need a passport when cruising to Belize or Honduras, if the ship
only stays in port under 24 hours?

I know that passports always work, but I don't have a lot of time left to
get one before my cruise, and I have never had any problems whatsoever with
a birth certificate and picture id in the past.

Old September 19th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Ron T

Honduras requires a passport and you are suppose to carry it at all
times.

That's the law.

However on Roatan the law is often overlooked. (I'd still suggest the
passport though - you can get one in one day in Miami, so head south a
day or two early)

Ron

Old September 19th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Mike Cordelli

If doing the one day thing, make sure you have an appointment and check to
see if it's still one day, many passport offices are appointment only, and
two day service, drop it all off one day, pick it up the next morning.

news

Old September 19th, 2003, 12:24 PM
CupCaked

chip3130 wrote:

To those who know:

Do you need a passport when cruising to Belize or Honduras, if the ship
only stays in port under 24 hours?

I know that passports always work, but I don't have a lot of time left to
get one before my cruise, and I have never had any problems whatsoever with
a birth certificate and picture id in the past.

If you're taking a cruise anywhere outside the USA, please just bring
your passport. You can't go wrong if you do, it's the very best form
of ID, and you won't have to worry about individual ports of call on
ANY itinerary.

Karen, who has to get a new passport photo taken for her renewal soon

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Sloyne

chip3130 wrote in message ...

Do you need a passport when cruising to Belize or Honduras,

On cruises between US ports i.e. Miami-Caribbean-Miami, US citizens
retain their passports, none US citizens surrender their passports
which are returned when the ship returns to a US port. All Central
American Isthmus nations allow cruise pax ashore with just photo I.D.
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:15 PM
BRENTSTELL

You do NOT need a passport for a cruise to Honduras or Belize. The cruise lines
have a waiver.

In fact I was in Belize last month on a Carnival cruise, Didn't need a
passport.
I believe this was the question.
It is still nice to have a passport.
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Sloyne

(BRENTSTELL) wrote:

It is still nice to have a passport.

Nicer still to have two. :-)
Old September 20th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Jim

At the current time you do not need a passport to visit these countries
while on a cruise ship. You DO need a passport to vist Belize any other way
or if you stay there.
Jim

.. .