Will a visit to Cuba make USA immigration 'Harder'

Old April 14th, 2004, 10:45 PM
freeda

Default Will a visit to Cuba make USA immigration 'Harder'

I have an opportunity to visit Havana for a couple of weeks this June, but I
also need to be in LA in August.
Will visiting Cuba render me with a stamp in my passport thus result in me
subjected to lots of questions and bull**** at immigration, or will it be no
problem. I'm a British Citizen.

Regards

Old April 14th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Sjoerd

"freeda" schreef in bericht
I have an opportunity to visit Havana for a couple of weeks this June, but

also need to be in LA in August.
Will visiting Cuba render me with a stamp in my passport thus result in me
subjected to lots of questions and bull**** at immigration, or will it be

no
problem. I'm a British Citizen.

No problem, Cuba doesn't normally stamp passports. And even if they did, the
Americans don't have a problem with non-US citizens / non-US residents
visiting Cuba. I went to Cuba in February 2003 and the US in June 2003 and
didn't have any problems.

Sjoerd

Old April 14th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

No problem, Cuba doesn't normally stamp passports. And even if they did, the
Americans don't have a problem with non-US citizens / non-US residents
visiting Cuba. I went to Cuba in February 2003 and the US in June 2003 and
didn't have any problems.

maybe they agent didn't see it or care? I am sure there are some BCIS
a**holes who would make an issue out of it.
Old April 15th, 2004, 03:01 AM
mtravelkay

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

No problem, Cuba doesn't normally stamp passports. And even if they did, the
Americans don't have a problem with non-US citizens / non-US residents
visiting Cuba. I went to Cuba in February 2003 and the US in June 2003 and
didn't have any problems.

maybe they agent didn't see it or care? I am sure there are some BCIS
a**holes who would make an issue out of it.

We permit people to immigrate from Cuba, so I don't see why visiting
them before the OP immigrates would be a problem.

Old April 15th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Geoff Glave

I have an opportunity to visit Havana for a couple of weeks this June, but
also need to be in LA in August.
Will visiting Cuba render me with a stamp in my passport thus result in me
subjected to lots of questions and bull**** at immigration, or will it be

no
problem. I'm a British Citizen.

I have an associate who, like me, is a Canadian. He holidays in Cuba twice
a year, and visits the USA dozens of times per year. He never has any
difficulties.

I have visited Cuba once - They never stamped my passport.

Regards,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:25 PM

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:45:11 +0100, "freeda"
wrote:

I have an opportunity to visit Havana for a couple of weeks this June, but I
also need to be in LA in August.
Will visiting Cuba render me with a stamp in my passport thus result in me
subjected to lots of questions and bull**** at immigration, or will it be no
problem. I'm a British Citizen.

Grew up in Miami, know a lot of folks who had business in
Stalinland-with-palm-trees, some of them subjects-of-yada-yada. Never have
they reported getting hassled, and I collect such bon mots.

USians ain't supposed to go withough approval, but as long as Lizzie sez
you can go, you can go.
--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.