Will air fares rise or fall next 45 days?

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Stagshrine

Default Will air fares rise or fall next 45 days?

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not air fares to central Europe
will rise or fall during the next two months.
I need to fly SFO to Praha June 2 and return on June 8. Best prices I have
seen are almost double what they have been during the last 6 years. Best
price I have found is about $750.

--
"These are the times that try men's souls." Tom Paine

Stagshrine

Old April 14th, 2004, 04:15 AM
mtravelkay

Stagshrine wrote:

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not air fares to central Europe
will rise or fall during the next two months.
I need to fly SFO to Praha June 2 and return on June 8. Best prices I have
seen are almost double what they have been during the last 6 years. Best
price I have found is about $750.

Are you saying that the normal June fare you have paid from SFO to
Prague has been around $375, or do you normally go some other time of
the year?

Old April 14th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Stagshrine

Last trip was June. RT to Linz.Two of us went for less than $900 RT for
two.
Before that May RT to Vienna that was about $850 for two.
First trip in 99 was September Open Jaw to Krakow and back from Prague was
about $930 for two.

--
"These are the times that try men's souls." Tom Paine

Marc B.

Old April 16th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Stagshrine" wrote:

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not air fares to central Europe
will rise or fall during the next two months.
I need to fly SFO to Praha June 2 and return on June 8. Best prices I have
seen are almost double what they have been during the last 6 years. Best
price I have found is about $750.

Summer is typically an expensive time to travel by air to Europe.
If you can be flexible with your flight times, you might be able
to get tickets for a lower price, such as maybe taking a red eye
flight. You migh also check with a consolidator such as TISS to
see what they can do for you, but if price is very important to
you, consider postponing your trip to the fall when airfare to
Europe typically drops in price quite a bit.
Old April 16th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Greg Johnson

Yes, over and over again.