eva air - heathrow to Bangkok - any recent experiences?

Old October 6th, 2003, 01:56 AM
 @X.

Default eva air - heathrow to Bangkok - any recent experiences?

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:38:22 GMT, "mp3emporium"
wrote:

hi - we have booked a two week stay in phuket for next year - the agent has
booked us with Eva air - really good price - has anyone any recent
experiences of flying with Eva on this route..

Thanks

I've flown EVA from LAX to Asia a few times. Not quite the same route
as you but I have spent quite a bit of time on EVA planes. Generally
I am pretty happy with them. The price is right and Evergreen Deluxe
service is hard to beat at the same price anywhere. Economy class
service is..... well..... economy class service. Better than some
airlines, worse than others. Certainly acceptable in my book. Food
is OK, seats are average to slightly better than average for economy.
Evergreen deluxe seats are an outstanding bargain at the price. Be
sure to sign up for the FF program. It is not as good as others but
has a few nice perks like you can use the EVA lounges even when flying
coach after only 25,000 (doesn't cost miles to use the lounges) Also
I have been somewhat lucky getting free class upgrades here and there
without even asking. A nice gesture if you ask me. My flights have
always pushed off exactly on time and arrived on time or earlier.

In other words it is a fairly average, OK airline that has very good
prices and no major problems or red flags.