UK bomb alerts

Old July 29th, 2006, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default UK bomb alerts

Two bomb alerts I know of in the last two days, one at Doncaster
station and the other at Roslin Chapel (I happened to find out
about them since my girlfriend was involved in an event that was
affected by both in succession).

Were there a whole lot in other places round the UK?

I'd expect the level of official paranoia to correlate with the
number of brown bits Blair has licked out of America's arse, so
this isn't surprising at the moment.

Old July 30th, 2006, 11:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

Anyone who leaves a bag unattended anywhere should be sparking off
some concern. At what point this constitutes what you would consider a
"bomb alert" is debatable.

Old July 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Two bomb alerts I know of in the last two days,
Anyone who leaves a bag unattended anywhere should be sparking off
some concern. At what point this constitutes what you would consider
a "bomb alert" is debatable.

It constitutes a bomb alert when somebody gets a building evacuated.
Closing a major tourist attraction and shutting down one of the
busiest railway lines in the UK is a bit more than "some concern".

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Richard J.

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Two bomb alerts I know of in the last two days,

Anyone who leaves a bag unattended anywhere should be sparking off
some concern. At what point this constitutes what you would
consider a "bomb alert" is debatable.

It constitutes a bomb alert when somebody gets a building evacuated.
Closing a major tourist attraction and shutting down one of the
busiest railway lines in the UK is a bit more than "some concern".

True, but it's also fairly common, at least in the busier parts of the
UK and Europe. Any bag left behind becomes a "suspect package" as is
dealt with accordingly. Evacuation of a building or a station and
suspension of transport services may be necessary. Welcome to the 21st
century.

--
Richard J.
(to e-mail me, change 'ten' to 'net' in address)

Old July 30th, 2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Richard J. wrote:

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Two bomb alerts I know of in the last two days,

Anyone who leaves a bag unattended anywhere should be sparking off
some concern. At what point this constitutes what you would
consider a "bomb alert" is debatable.

It constitutes a bomb alert when somebody gets a building evacuated.
Closing a major tourist attraction and shutting down one of the
busiest railway lines in the UK is a bit more than "some concern".

True, but it's also fairly common, at least in the busier parts of the
UK and Europe. Any bag left behind becomes a "suspect package" as is
dealt with accordingly. Evacuation of a building or a station and
suspension of transport services may be necessary. Welcome to the 21st
century.

IMO, even if such measures prove to be "overreaction" 99% of
the time, there is still that 1% when the "alert" proves
warranted, and lives are saved by it. Terrorist or merely
mentally ill (if there is a difference) there are a lot of
violent people out there who think killing innocents to
"make a statement" is warranted.

Old July 31st, 2006, 11:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Two bomb alerts I know of in the last two days, one at Doncaster
station and the other at Roslin Chapel (I happened to find out
about them since my girlfriend was involved in an event that was
affected by both in succession).

Were there a whole lot in other places round the UK?

I'd expect the level of official paranoia to correlate with the
number of brown bits Blair has licked out of America's arse, so
this isn't surprising at the moment.

I don't think it makes a any difference. Bomb alerts are common here,
and nearly always caused by idiots leaving bags unattended.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old July 31st, 2006, 11:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Jack Campin - bogus address

Closing a major tourist attraction and shutting down one of the
busiest railway lines in the UK is a bit more than "some concern".

Is it?
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site