Zam or Zim view ?

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:33 AM
verswe

Default Zam or Zim view ?

Give me your impressions and idea about the Victoria Falls.

Zambia or Zimbabwe site ?????????????

Thanks !

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

verswe wrote:

Give me your impressions and idea about the Victoria Falls.

Zambia or Zimbabwe site ?????????????

Zimbabwe.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Rita Daggett

"verswe" wrote in message
Give me your impressions and idea about the Victoria Falls.

Zambia or Zimbabwe site ?????????????

There was a longish thread about this a few monhs ago - google might find
it.
My advice is to see it from both sides if you can.
Sunset on the Zambian side is great.

--
Rita Daggett

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Marc Lurie

I think that the Zambian side offers the best views and the best
sunsets.

Marc - Johannesburg

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Dave Patterson

If you ever see an aerial view of the falls, you will
see that the river drops into a chasm. The opposite
side of that chasm is all Zimbabwe. So, if you want
to see/photograph the wall of water head-on,
it must be done from Zimbabwe. The walk on the
Zim side is a paved walkway with little 'spurs'
that go out to face the Falls, and is almost a mile
from its beginning to its end near the bridge that
connects the two countries.

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Scott Elliot

Also, the horse shoe shaped part of the fall on the far left from the Zim
side is quite scenic and can only be seen from the Zim side.

In any case the falls is very impressive from any angle.

Scott