Thinking of Where to take a vacation???

Old November 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
ForestWander

Default Thinking of Where to take a vacation???

You work all the time and it seems like you never can getaway from it
all. The hustle and bustle of today's modern life really wears on a
person physically and mentally. I don't work for any state agency or a
division of tourism. So I am writing this article purely unbiased. I
have spent the past three years hiking and taking pictures all over
the mountains of West Virginia and I am completely amazed at the
beauty and tranquility that the State has to offer.

If you are looking for a place to take a vacation and would like to
step back in time about 10 years, you should consider the country
getaway of West Virginia. As you can see on my site http://www.ForestWander.com
there are hundreds of unique pictures of some of the most remote areas
in the state. From small Country Churches to the high Mountain ranges
of Dolly Sods wilderness we have been all over.

West Virginia has a lot of accommodations for the weary traveler.
Vacation rental homes, log cabins and cottages are scattered
throughout the state in various parks and recreation areas. There are
also some of the most wonderful campgrounds you could find anywhere in
the national and state parks. You can find detailed maps on the state
of West Virginia website, but I have found a better more thorough and
organized resource at http://www.wvhighlands.org/Pages/Maps_USFS_MNF.html.
These maps can be printed on large scales and used for GPS positioning
and tracking.

If you are trying to think of a good place to take a vacation you
should consider West Virginia. The people here are friendly and
helpful, and you are sure to feel as if you have been somewhere
special when you go back home. You may even be like me and decide to
move here! It is by far the most secluded vacation getaway that you
can find on the east cost which is not too far from the metropolis
areas of New York, Philadelphia, Columbus and Washington D.C. so you
can drive here in a matter of hours and save a lot of money on your
vacation. That money can be spent on other things such as souvenirs or
accommodations. It is really amazing how some places still do business
in West Virginia. Some places still trust you to check yourself in at
the country motel and offer a real home cooked country meal.

It is no wonder why they call West Virginia almost heaven. When you
take the time to plan your trip and go to the mountainous areas of the
Monongahela Forest you will see why it is such a special place. Not
many people care for the Charleston area or other city areas of West
Virginia for vacationing and rightly so. Charleston and other cities
in West Virginia are busy areas just like other states. But the real
seclusion and family retreats are in the mountainous areas that I have
traveled and taken nature pictures.

Make Sure to visit all of my sites to see Nature Pictures throughout
West Virginia

http://www.fores****erfalls.com

http://www.forestcreeks.com

http://www.foreststreams.com