Question for Australian people

Old April 21st, 2005, 08:18 PM
Dave Proctor

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:50:36 +1000, "Ross"
wrote:

May I also suggest that if you come to Australia that you show some respect
for the land you are visiting.

On the Atherton tableland there are a number of fig trees that are great
attractions.

Why do European tourists insist on climbing over the fence to climb on the
trees, damaging them in the process, just to get their photo taken?

The only reason the trees are there in the first place is because someone
had the foresight to protect them.

We have State Forests and National Park in many places across Australia.

Why do European tourists insist on taking "short cuts" through state forests
and national parks instead of walking on the made tracks? Quite apart from
the damage done to the surrounds, you never know when a Joe Blake is going
to rear up and take exception to the intrusion on his domain.

Of course European tourists are not the only ones to blame; there seems to
be quite a few mindless Australians among offenders.

A little common sense would be nice. If we don't all protect what we have
then it will not be available for future generations.

Hear hear, agree with you 100%. People should learn that if an area is
fenced off, it means "You cannot go there" - there is a reason for the
fencing.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:04 AM

Is there really that much damage by tourists in Australia? That's
really not a good thing.
If tourists mess around with nature (where ever) they should pay for
the costs and they should be educated about what they did. Of course
it's especially wrong if there are signs, that say You cannot go there!

But coming back to my starting question: I just want to know the great
places in Australia (NSW and Queensland) and not the well known ones.
Anybody else?

Old April 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Thanks you all for your suggestions!
Now I've got 2 other questions. I'm going to Australia (NSW, QLD) in
August/September.

What are the temperatures and appropriate clothing for that time of the
year? I'm hearing different things, some peolpe say it can be very cold
(NSW). Other people say that the weather temperatures can be quite
nice. Is it also possible to swim or is it cold?

What I also want to know is, the sunrise and sunset times in the period
that we're going.

Thanks again!

Old April 28th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Caric

It depends where you go as temperatures vary tremendously in Australia.
For example, the August mean daily maximum for Cairns (Queensland) is
+26.3C (but can reach +36C),
the August mean daily minimum for Thredbo Top Station (New South Wales)
is - 4.9C (but has reached -15C in August).

Check out the following for places you intend to visit:
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/

Old May 4th, 2005, 11:48 AM

Thanks for all your answers!

Regards,

http://www.sukotec.tk

Old May 30th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Nev

On 28 Apr 2005 12:21:58 GMT, Chris Kuan
wrote:

wrote on Thu 28 Apr 2005 06:19:01p

Thanks you all for your suggestions!
Now I've got 2 other questions. I'm going to Australia (NSW, QLD) in
August/September.

What are the temperatures and appropriate clothing for that time of the
year? I'm hearing different things, some peolpe say it can be very cold
(NSW). Other people say that the weather temperatures can be quite
nice. Is it also possible to swim or is it cold?

Click on the map to see long term averages for many sites Aus BoM
site
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/map/cl...lim_avg1.shtml

You may also like this info "tips for travellers" Aus BoM site
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/enviro...el/index.shtml

Try this for average SST sea surface temps RAN site
http://www.aodc.gov.au/products/data/aussst.html

What I also want to know is, the sunrise and sunset times in the period
that we're going.

This site for sr & ss etc GA site
http://www.ga.gov.au/nmd/geodesy/astro/smpos.jsp