Ft. Lauderdale - calling a cab after your cruise

Old February 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Ft. Lauderdale - calling a cab after your cruise

10:40 flight? Too risky, in my opinion. What will you do if you miss
it? Don't expect
any empty seats on the later flights, espcially not with six people to
take care of. You would have a long ugly day at at uncomfortable
airport, and possibly an unexpected extra night in Ft. Lauderdale if
you can't make the flight. Not a fun way to end a cruise vacation.

Old February 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Marsha L" :

Tom... one never knows FOR SURE...

I was on a cruise earlier this month that was from FLL... when I came out of
the door I asked for transportation to the airport and got right onto a 12
pax van that had a trailer in back for luggage. $7. Reasonable since there
was just one of me. There were people arriving at the airport about the same
time who were taking flights about 10:30, but I wouldn't want to count on
it.

Last time I was with someone else, and I think we paid $12 for a cab, a
dispatcher with a walkie talkie called them for us, we had a real time
consideration that day. The ship had been very much delayed being cleared
and we had a 10:20 fight. We got to the gate in time, the flight was late
taking off anyway.

Stars, meet Marsha. Marsha, allow me to introduce you to Stars. Lucky
Stars.

Marsha

"Tom" wrote in message
Has anyone called a cab from a ship debarking in Ft. Lauderdale to take
them to the airport? How long does it take for a cab to pick you up and
get you to the airport? I was looking at a 10:40AM flight out of FLL
airport. This would be for 6 people. Any price ideas?
Thanks

Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thanks DillonG.

One thing I noticed this trip... when I got to the airport Delta was ONLY
allowing people whose flight was within the next two hours to check in
inside (and four outside). That was why I knew that there were so many
people with flights at or before 10:30... I was THERE by 8:30... didn't have
a flight until 6:20... sometimes there aren't as many choices as we'd like,
and I had a VERY long day that day.

There was another trip when I had a reservation on an afternoon flight, was
at the airport VERY early, got put on standby for an earlier flight and got
on it. But there were those choices that day... unfortunately not so many
between LAS and FLL or MIA.

How's Carol doing? You?

Marsha

Old February 27th, 2006, 03:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like a cab is cheaper to take than
the bus from the cruise line and it doesn't look too difficult to find a
cab. I'll look for a later flight also. That's the last thing I want is to
ruin the memories of a good cruise by missing my flight home.
Thanks again.
Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The one thing you never told us, Tom, was what day of the week you are
returning.

If it is a day when multiple ships are unloading, you and your friends will
probably miss your flights.

FLL on a weekend is a bitch.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hey, troll, missed you, sweet pea, for the last few days, as you must have
been on a cruise with the cow.

Sadly. moron, the OP is RETURNING from a cruise and therefore your
misinformation was, as always, useless.

Thank you for playing.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old February 28th, 2006, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Marsha L" :

Thanks DillonG.

One thing I noticed this trip... when I got to the airport Delta was ONLY
allowing people whose flight was within the next two hours to check in
inside (and four outside). That was why I knew that there were so many
people with flights at or before 10:30... I was THERE by 8:30... didn't have
a flight until 6:20... sometimes there aren't as many choices as we'd like,
and I had a VERY long day that day.

There was another trip when I had a reservation on an afternoon flight, was
at the airport VERY early, got put on standby for an earlier flight and got
on it. But there were those choices that day... unfortunately not so many
between LAS and FLL or MIA.

I was put on standby and got a flight out four hours early once. Bags
showed up four hours after I did.

How's Carol doing? You?

Since I don't seem to have put up the latest:

She had her second chemo session last Tuesday. An examination by
palpation seems to indicate that the tumor has SHRUNK.

No nausea, although the hair started coming out Friday (in gobs) and
she got shaved on Saturday. Tonight she has definite shiny spots.

Marsha

.. .