Eastern or Western Caribbean

Old February 16th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Marlinmike

Default Eastern or Western Caribbean

Been on a few cruises, but looking at doing the Caribbean. Which one is
better, Eastern or Western?

Old February 16th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Tom & Linda

Better as far as What?

--Tom

Old February 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Candy

For me, West is best for fun (I love Cozumel, Sting Ray City and Dunn's
River Falls). When we go East, I enjoy the uncrowded ship (pool and
spa, particularly).

Candy -- East is next

Old February 16th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Martin

"Marlinmike" wrote in message
Been on a few cruises, but looking at doing the Caribbean. Which one is
better, Eastern or Western?

That's like asking, "Which is better, missionary or doggie?"

Old February 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:55:12 -0500, "Martin" . wrote:

That's like asking, "Which is better, missionary or doggie?"

And your answer is........

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Marlinmike

Which is better "in your humble opinion". I guess what I'm asking for here
is input from those who've done both and pros and cons of each.

. net...

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:57:17 -0800, "Marlinmike"
wrote:

Which is better "in your humble opinion". I guess what I'm asking for here
is input from those who've done both and pros and cons of each.

Too vague. There a kazillion ports in the Eastern, some great, some
good, some aren't worth getting off in. Then there is the debate as to
which is in the Eastern and which is in the Southern Caribbean.

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
B D

10 DAY SOUTHERN CARRIB.

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Marlinmike wrote:

Which is better "in your humble opinion". I guess what I'm asking for here
is input from those who've done both and pros and cons of each.

Can you give us an idea of what you like to do. Do you like snorkeling,
sightseeing, shoping, seeing Mayan Ruins etc.

sue

Old February 16th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Tom & Linda

I love snorkeling. To me that's a MAJOR priority.

The Western has Cozumel and Cayman which I'd rate at a 10 on the 1-10 scale.
It also has Jamaica, Key West and Labadee (for RCI) which I'd put closer to
a 1 on the 1-10 scale (but others disagree). Costa Maya is somewhere in
between. I've not been down as far as Belize or Roatan.

The Eastern has a lot of different variations. I love St. Thomas - because
that's where I always take a taxi to St. John. On the 1-10 scale... I'd put
St. John at a 10+. I also like St. Maarten (I go to Pinel Island which is
like a private island so to speak), and I like Antigua. I'm not a big fan
of Nassau or Puerto Rico by cruise ship (though I go there on business all
the time and love Puerto Rico). If you find an NCL or RCI itinerary that
goes to either Great Stirrup Cay or CocoCay, I love those.

Personally I love the Southern Caribbean the best when you sail from San
Juan down to places like Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Thomas (St.
John), Martinique, Aruba, Curacao, St. Kitts, etc. The Southern itineraries
typically give you 5 ports (which I love) because you don't waste a lot of
time getting down to the islands like you do from Florida.