On the Road (Sea) Again! ;-)

Old February 25th, 2006, 05:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default On the Road (Sea) Again! ;-)

Jean,

You're on the sailing immediately prior to mine. I board May 8th for
Mercury's repo to Seattle via Alaska.

Warren

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Yipee!
We just finalized reservations for a cruise on the Celebrity Mercury leaving
April 28th for ten days doing the Mexican Riviera and leaving from San
Diego..I've heard so much about this ship..hope it is all true.

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2006, 07:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean
That cruise sounds exciting. We will try a Mexican Riviera some day. We
really want to see Cabo.
Have a great cruise!!

Tom
Pittsburgh Pa

om...

Old February 25th, 2006, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"number6" wrote in message
ups.com...
--Jean

You'll be near the end of the migration season as the whales head back
towards Alaska ... but you should still see some enroute ... We went
fishing out of Cabo ... and the whales were prevalent not even 100
yards from shore ... That was a great excursion ... for $240 ... we had
a 26 ft boat ... captain and mate for 4 hours ...all to ourselves ...
got some fish ... largest was under 50 pounds ... but also saw a lot of
whales ... then had some up close and personal encounters with sea
lions and pelicans around the arch ...

Thank you for sharing your experiences..I just hope that the migration does
not begin until after we are there! Sounds as if you went at the best of
times!
I do hope our safety drill goes smoother than yours did!
Also, thanks for part 2..I printed your review out to read at leisure.

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2006, 07:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Warren" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jean,

You're on the sailing immediately prior to mine. I board May 8th for
Mercury's repo to Seattle via Alaska.

Warren,
My chances of running into you will be pretty slim as the ship docks at 7 am
and we probably will be one of the first off with a flight @ 12:45 pm..It
would have been nice to meet you! American is having some very good fares
for that time span.
Have you booked yours yet?

I was surprised that there was a repo after our cruise as I had heard that
the Mercury was to go into dry-dock...perhaps she has already been? That
would be perfect for both our cruises if she had gotten a *spruce up* before
we boarded!
Have a wonderful cruise! I love those Alaskan cruises.

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2006, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..
Jean
That cruise sounds exciting. We will try a Mexican Riviera some day. We
really want to see Cabo.
Have a great cruise!!

Thanks, Tom,
Many years ago, we did a cruise on the Elation leaving FLL and going through
the Panama Canal and on to Mazatlan and Acapulco, but it did not include
Cabo San Lucas, so I am really looking forward to seeing it..
I see you are checking into cabs in FLL after a cruise..Are you leaving
soon?
Thanks for the good wishes and the very same back at you!

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

I was surprised that there was a repo after our cruise as I had heard that
the Mercury was to go into dry-dock...perhaps she has already been? That
would be perfect for both our cruises if she had gotten a *spruce up* before
we boarded!

Don't know about that but just a few things about Mercury. It is an
older and different class of ship than the one you were just on. (sort
of ironic to say older since the cruise I took on Mercury was when it
was six weeks old) The set up and decor are different. There is no
Aquaspa cafe or alternative restaurant. Also the Thalassotherapy Pool
is in the spa and it is not free like on the Millie class unless you
are an elite Captains Club member. But there is a covered pool aft.

--
Charles
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Has anyone been on the Celebrity's Summit Alaska cruise-tour(northbound) in
June?? We're booked(first cruise) in June '06. Any comments/experiences
from any "ol' salt" cruisers will be appreciated.
Thx.................Rudy

Old February 25th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Rudy wrote:
Has anyone been on the Celebrity's Summit Alaska cruise-tour(northbound) in
June?? We're booked(first cruise) in June '06. Any comments/experiences
from any "ol' salt" cruisers will be appreciated.
Thx.................Rudy

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
om...

Yipee!
We just finalized reservations for a cruise on the Celebrity Mercury

leaving

April 28th for ten days doing the Mexican Riviera and leaving from San
Diego..I've heard so much about this ship..hope it is all true.

--Jean

I went in early June and saw snow falling on the way up .... dress
warmly ..... you'll love it though .... Alaska is a very interesting
place .... I remember as a kid dreaming of going there .... been there
twice now.
Old February 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Warren,
My chances of running into you will be pretty slim as the ship docks at 7 am
and we probably will be one of the first off with a flight @ 12:45 pm

Jean,

Even if you were hanging around San Diego, the chances are nill even
though I'll be in California for the weekend. Mercury moves to Ensenada
as soon as debarkation of your cruise finishes. Embarkation for my
cruise is in Mexico thanks to our archaic laws. My cruise ends in
Seattle. I won't be meeting up with my bus transfer at the airport
until 1pm.

You'll probably have a very swift debarkation because of this.

Warren

Old February 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
Don't know about that but just a few things about Mercury. It is an
older and different class of ship than the one you were just on. (sort
of ironic to say older since the cruise I took on Mercury was when it
was six weeks old) The set up and decor are different. There is no
Aquaspa cafe or alternative restaurant. Also the Thalassotherapy Pool
is in the spa and it is not free like on the Millie class unless you
are an elite Captains Club member. But there is a covered pool aft.

I realize that, Charles and I prefer the size of the Mercury..didn't you
recommend this ship to me, or was it Ben? I think it was when I was
disappointed with the Zenith...Anyway I've been reading some very favorable
reports about the Mercury lately so I hope that I am not disappointed..But I
will go with an *open mind*!!vbg I had to say that, the devil made me do
it! ;-)
I have been wanting to do this itinerary for a long time and when I saw it
priced this well and on another Celebrity ship, I could not resist..10
nights for $97.34 a day..where could you get a get away costing that much?

--Jean