Excurions???????

Old February 27th, 2006, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Excurions???????

Hey all

I am going a cruise to Panama Canal next year on the Coral Princess. I
was told by friend to use the excursions provided by Princess, as a
guide and then an iternet search to see if I could find them cheaper
through another source. Are ther any site out there that excursions?

Larry Jackson

Old February 27th, 2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article .com,
wrote:

I am going a cruise to Panama Canal next year on the Coral Princess. I
was told by friend to use the excursions provided by Princess, as a
guide and then an iternet search to see if I could find them cheaper
through another source. Are ther any site out there that excursions?

If you are doing a partial transit (as opposed to a full transit
between the Altantic and Pacific), then all the excursions are from
Gatun Lake and you are only allowed to do excursions provided by
Princess.

--
Charles
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey all

I am going a cruise to Panama Canal next year on the Coral Princess. I
was told by friend to use the excursions provided by Princess, as a
guide and then an iternet search to see if I could find them cheaper
through another source. Are ther any site out there that excursions?

Larry Jackson

Hi. Keep in mind Panama is still a third world country.

If you're going to do any tours that involve bus trips be aware
on a Princess sponsored tour you're protected
in case delays keep you from reaching the ship in time for the
scheduled departure. The roads are poor, and things can
happen.

Old February 27th, 2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We went thru the Panama Canal with Princess last April. We took
Princess' "Panama Monkey Island" excursion. We were quite late getting
back to the ship, and they held it for us. If we had engaged our own
tour separate from Princess, and got back that late, we'd have missed
the ship.
Regards,
JimK

Old February 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

What about at other ports of call?

Old February 28th, 2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Larry many of my clients have had great success using a called
shoretrips.com you might want to check out their customized shore
excursions. Princess does offer some exciting adventures as well.