Navigator of the Seas on Oct. 4th to W. Caribbean

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:03 AM
Karen

Default Navigator of the Seas on Oct. 4th to W. Caribbean

Has anyone been on the Navigator? What was your experience?

We'll have a balcony room overlooking the Royal Promenade. This will
be my 7th cruise, but the first time on the Navigator. I heard each
cabin will have access to online service. Does anyone know how much
this is?

How is the food, entertainment, service, ...etc? We'll be stopping at
Labadee, Cozumel, Georgetown (Grand Cayman), and Ocho Rios. Any
excursions we should not miss? Are there local tours we can purchase
outside of the cruise company right from the pier that you can
recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Karen
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Lunyma

Has anyone been on the Navigator? What was your experience?

I wasn't on the Navigator, but have been on her sister ship, the Explorer...

We'll have a balcony room overlooking the Royal Promenade.

There are no balcony rooms overlooking the Promenade. Cat TR rooms (atrium
rooms), have a window seat.

This will
be my 7th cruise, but the first time on the Navigator. I heard each
cabin will have access to online service. Does anyone know how much
this is?

It's *approximately* $100 for the week, but you need to supply your own laptop

How is the food, entertainment, service, ...etc? We'll be stopping at
Labadee, Cozumel, Georgetown (Grand Cayman), and Ocho Rios. Any
excursions we should not miss?

In Grand Cayman, you should do a stingray excursion (SO much fun!) This can be
done through the ship or through various private operators.

In Ocho Rios, I recommend taking a tour with Ionie McBeam (www.ocho-rios.com)
She will customize anything you want. If you haven't been there before, climb
Dunn's River Falls, for sure..

Cozumel doesn't need a tour.
take a taxi to one of the popular beaches... Mr Sanchos, San Francisco, Playa
Sol, or Chankanaab, which is a national park. You can also book a dolphin swim
at Chankanaab, but I recommend booking in advance at www.dolphindiscovery.com

Have a great time!
Are there local tours we can purchase
outside of the cruise company right from the pier that you can
recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Karen

Pam
http://www.cruisesinc.com/plome
866-LV2CRUZ (582-2789)
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Marc Schwartz

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:22:21 +0000, Lunyma wrote:

SNIP

This will
be my 7th cruise, but the first time on the Navigator. I heard each
cabin will have access to online service. Does anyone know how much
this is?

It's *approximately* $100 for the week, but you need to supply your own laptop

SNIP

Please note that the ability to have net access in your cabin is based
upon your renting a specially equipped data phone from the purser's desk.
There are a finite number of these available, so if you want this, go to
the purser's desk as soon as you board or you may find yourself out of
luck.

This phone replaces one of the phones in your cabin to enable you to
connect your laptop to the ship's satellite based network.

Have a great trip. We'll be on the NOTS next January.

HTH,

Marc