A Goober Heads for Paradise

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:34 PM
George Leppla

Default A Goober Heads for Paradise

Well, it is almost time to head out. This time, I and about 70 other
Carnival Goobers and Goobettes are going to do the Exotic Western Caribbean
itinerary on the smoke-free Carnival Paradise.

Doing a group on a smoke-free ship is a bit tricky. Most of the Grok Clan
won't give up their corn-cob pipes and when she heard that chewing tobacco
wasn't allowed, Granny Grok was heard to mutter something
about those "damn flatlanders". I haven't heard from Bubba lately... he is
probably out covering the still in case Isabel gets down in the hollow.
Besides, if they don't allow tobacco, they sure won't allow that wild-wood
flower stuff he likes to smoke so I doubt he'll show up.

We ought to have a lot of fun on this one. Lots of us are doing that Cave
Tubing thing in Belize. Most of us Goobers have patched our share of inner
tubes in our time so this should be OK. Since my butt is wider than the
average Michelin, I took the tube out of the old John Deere tractor so I'll
be floating in style!

We are also going to stop at Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Don't know
what kind of trouble... err... fun we can get into in these ports, but if I
have time and am able to make bail, I'll post a Goober report or two during
the week. Hehehe.... internet access on a cruise ship. The idea still makes
a simple country boy like me scratch my head in wonder.

See ya!

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy 3 - Carnival Conquest http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm

Old September 18th, 2003, 02:37 PM
villa deauville

To George and all those sailing the Paradise this week end have a
fantastic, wonderful cruise. Wish I was going along.

SUNNY........would like to ask George to give my regards to Ida Flowers
and tell her I hope to see her soon

S'nd I

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Paul

HI George,

Great to hear you're going on Carnival again -- the line is absolutely
PERFECT for you.

Did you buy the cruise at Skyauction? Last time I checked, a week on the
Paradise was going for between $65 and $95 (plus taxes and fees of course).

I hear the Paradise has 24 hour a day hot dogs, pizza and hamburgers --
right up your alley! I am also told that you can eat in the dining room
where you are guaranteed lousy food and abysmal service. But you do get to
see the wait staff all dress up in stupid costumes, try to sing and dance
around -- it's kind of like setting up a dining room table in the middle of
a WWF event or the circus (remember George, a decent meal and decent
service, always costs extra on Carnival.)

But so what if the food and service is bad, there will be lots of those
watered down fruit drinks and partying aboard - you can really raise some
hell. Plus you'll be packed aboard the ship with folks who live just to
eat, drink and party -- your kind of people.

And how about those exotic ports of call. Wow! You and your buddies will
be visiting some of the world's most renown destinations -- each and every
one an unspoiled tropical wilderness. Why your name will be right up there
with other explorers like Columbus, Balboa, and Cortez. Hell, I'll bet
people in these places have never seen a white man, let alone a bunch of
fat, drunken Carnival cruisers. You can probably teach them some English
and barter for their native crafts with beads or trinkets.

A word of caution though. Although we're all excited about your trip, we
are concerned about you going tubing. We can't think of an inner tube big
enough to hold you and we are concerned for you safety. Since you're so out
of shape you can't possibly swim what happens if the inner tube sinks? We
suggest you lash 5 or 10 inner tubes together -- that may do it.

Well have a great time. But we do ask one favor. Please, please do not
send more goober reports about how much you ate and drank. The image of you
continually stuffing yourself with food and alcohol is not pleasant.

Paul

Old September 18th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Mike Cordelli

Good Job George, took just three hours and a few to catch that troll even in
a hurricane. It's way too easy sometimes. Totally made my day. It's no
fun when it's this easy anymore.

Old September 18th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Steve in FLL

Thank you for the report George.
I will be looking forward to looking at your live reports next week.

Steve. Hey...Duh!...Im going with y'all!? Ain't isn't I?

I better take the summer air out of the house tires...might freeze up
when I'm gone!.

Steve in FLL

Old September 18th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Gregory C. Read

Have fun George and all. Hope your plane is not cancelled or delayed too
long.

--
Greg
lid

Old September 18th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Tom & Linda

Even from the "Carnival Hater"... I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Calm seas and warm breezes...

--Tom

Old September 19th, 2003, 01:00 AM
ArleneL

Thanks Tom. I'm sure we will.

Arlene ---wondering if George's flight is leaving Pa. tonight

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"villa deauville" wrote in message
To George and all those sailing the Paradise this week end have a
fantastic, wonderful cruise.
Wish I was going along.

Me too, Sunny!
All on the Paradise, have a ball!