Seadream Adds Mayan Riviera, Yucatan, & Belize!

Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:32 AM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Seadream Adds Mayan Riviera, Yucatan, & Belize!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Seadream Yacht Club and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

SeaDream Yacht Club will introduce a series of seven-day, Mexican
Yucatan Peninsula and Belize sailings, with three unique itineraries.
They a The Yachtsman’s Mayan Riviera, The Yucatan Explorer and The
Mexico-Belize Eco-Adventure.

SEADREAM YACHT CLUB
ADDS MAYAN RIVIERA, YUCATAN PENINSULA AND BELIZE

Modifies 2004-2005 Caribbean Itineraries
With Sailings in New Dramatic Region

SeaDream Yacht Club will introduce a series of seven-day, Mexican
Yucatan Peninsula and Belize sailings, with three unique itineraries.
They a The Yachtsman’s Mayan Riviera, The Yucatan Explorer and The
Mexico-Belize Eco-Adventure.

The new sailings are a modification of SeaDream’s 2004-2005 Caribbean
itineraries. Instead of having both its twin, ultra-luxury, mega
yachts, SeaDream I and II, sailing in the Caribbean it said it would
reposition SeaDream II to the new region between December 2004 and
April 2005. SeaDream I will continue to operate the Caribbean
itineraries during that period.

Commenting on the new sailings Larry Pimentel, CTC, SeaDream’s
President and CEO, said “We are always searching for new regions in
which to sail and we had received a lot of good comments about this
Yucatan area, but frankly, I was skeptical. I knew the area only a big
ship destination and we are not a big ship operator but I decided to
take a look.

“While the area obviously had great appeal for our clientele, the
problem was how to develop itineraries in the region that provided a
true SeaDream experience: small and intimate yachting ports, away from
the crowds and large cruise ships, and in a private and sheltered
environment. We found what we were looking for in these three new
itineraries that obviously have much to offer SeaDream guests.

“Along with doing it the unstructured SeaDream way, there are many
highly appealing attractions in the area. On the Mayan Riviera there
is a well-developed, upscale resort infrastructure, with world-class
resort hotels, fine international shopping and Mexican handicrafts,
excellent beaches, sun, surf, all kinds of water sports activity
including world-class diving and snorkeling. Elsewhere on the Yucatan
Peninsula unique cultural experiences are offered; jungle-shrouded
Mayan ruins, tropical rain forests, volcanoes, the largest barrier
reef in the western hemisphere.

“Recently the opportunity to offer these unique itineraries became
available when Mexican officials presented us with approval to operate
in the area now. We jumped at the chance. SeaDream is ideal for
sailing in the area just as it is for sailing in the Caribbean and in
the European region. Now our guests will have the best of these
opportunities. Our clientele is highly discriminating. This is part of
our continuing mission to find new and exciting sailing areas for
them,” Pimentel stated.

He also pointed out that there was excellent air service to the region
with many non-stop flights from U.S. cities as well as globally.
The three new itineraries feature continuing, back-to-back sailing
opportunities for those looking for voyages longer than seven days.
Special introductory fares for these new seven-day voyages are from
$1,999 per person. “These low prices will be withdrawn and increases
will take place as bookings progress,” Pimentel said. Prices are based
on double occupancy. Air travel and ground transfers to and from the
vessel are not included, nor are government and port and other fees.

Introductory prices for year-end holiday sailings are from $3,599 per
person. pricing.

As with all SeaDream sailings meals are included as is wine with lunch
and dinner, gratuities and use of water sports equipment. There is an
open bar policy on both the yachts.

Guests booked on SeaDream II’s previously-scheduled sailings in the
Caribbean, now being changed to The Yachtsman’s Mayan Riviera, The
Yucatan Explorer and the Mexico-Belize Eco-Adventure, are being
offered a 25 percent reduction on any published SeaDream sailing for
2004-2005---including the new sailings---or a complete refund. Travel
agency commissions will be protected.

The three new itineraries a

• The Yachtsman’s Mayan Riviera---Play and relax on tranquil private
beaches with emphasis on water sports including extraordinary
snorkeling and diving. Ports are Puerto Morelos (for Cancun), Cozumel,
Playa del Carmen, Laguna Campechen, Puerto Aventuras, Punta Venado,
Puerto Morelos.

• The Yucatan Explorer---Explore classic Spanish colonial cities and
haciendas, rich natural history and secluded private beaches. Ports
are Puerto Morelos, San Felipe, Progresso, Celestun, Playa del Carmen,
Puerto Aventuras, Punta Venado, Puerto Morelos.

• The Mexico-Belize Eco-Adventure---Adventures on the Mayan Riviera
and Belize focusing on eco-tourism in the biosphere and water sports
on isolated private beaches. This itinerary includes an optional visit
to Tikal, the Mayan ruins in Guatemala. Ports are Puerto Morelos,
Puerto Aventuras, Punta Herradura, Belize City, Ambergris Cay, Punta
Venado, Puerto Morelos.

SeaDream said it would announce soon a series of optional Land
Adventures which will include visits to the Mayan ruins in Chichen
Itza, Coba and Tulum, all in Mexico, and Tikal in Guatemala. Other
SeaDream Land Adventures will feature snorkeling, diving and deep sea
fishing and visits to spectacular nature preserves.
Pimentel added: “Our philosophy is to offer discerning and curious
travelers a holiday experience far beyond passive sightseeing. Based
on my personal experience, the Yucatan delivers this. Our guests are
involved whether it is in sporting activities or becoming immersed in
the history, culture and natural splendor of the areas in which we
sail.

“The SeaDream Yucatan experience is not a big ship experience,” he
said.

SeaDream Yacht Club is the yachting venture by Norwegian entrepreneur
Atle Brynestad who founded Seabourn Cruise Line, and Larry Pimentel
who was president of Seabourn under Brynestad and later president and
CEO of the merged Cunard and Seabourn. Pimentel is President and CEO
of the Coconut Grove, Florida-headquartered SeaDream Yacht Club and a
co-owner. Brynestad is Chairman. The company operates SeaDream I and
SeaDream II, twin, ultra luxury, mega yachts that operate on seven-day
sailings in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. The yachts are not
only ideal for discerning travelers seeking an unstructured and casual
holiday experience but also for small meetings and incentive groups or
individual private family gatherings. They are available for full
charter. SeaDream I and II shared the top Five-Star Club award in the
Berlitz Ocean Cruising and Cruise Ships 2003 guidebook and recently in
the 2004 guidebook. For the 2004 guidebook, author Douglas Ward
created a special category “UTTERLY EXCLUSIVE” for only three vessels
he said to be above luxury. Of the three, two were SeaDream I and II.

A GLOSSARY OF DESTINATIONS AND ATTRACTIONS’
IN SEADREAM YACHT CLUB’S YUCATAN PENINSULA

A GLOSSARY OF DESTINATIONS AND ATTRACTIONS’
IN SEADREAM YACHT CLUB’S YUCATAN PENINSULA

• Ambergris Cay---Ambergris Cay is the largest island in Belize.
Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, it provides sunning and swimming
on a beautiful coral beach. It is also a paradise for divers and
snorkelers and fishermen.

• Belize City---Belize, formerly British Honduras, has a relaxed
atmosphere and an abundance of natural beauty. Highlights are the
largest barrier reef in the Western hemisphere and a magnificent rain
forest. Belize City offers access to the ancient Mayan city of Tikal
in Guatemala, as well as mountain flight-seeing and cave tubing.

• Cancun---Cancun is a bustling Mexican resort city. Shopping is
popular in Cancun as are swimming and relaxing on one of the world’s
best beaches.

• Celestun---Celestun is a picturesque Mexican coastal traffic port. A
birdlife sanctuary is home to thousands of American Flamingos and
countless other species of waterfowl and shorebirds.

• Chichen Itza---This Maya city was an important capital between the
10th and 12th centuries. It is the largest site that has undergone
major restoration. The area is comprised of the ruins of two ancient
cultures, the Mayans and the Toltecs.

• Coba---One of the largest of the ancient Maya cities, Coba
flourished around 600 A.D. It has the highest pyramid in the region
and a concentration of sacbeob, Mayan roads constructed from stone.
The ruins were not discovered until the late 19th century.

• Cozumel---Cozumel is the largest island in Mexico. It is famous as
an underwater paradise for snorkelers and divers.

• Laguna Campechen---South of Tulum, Laguna Campechen lies on the
northern border of Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve. Maya hand-excavated
canals link Boca Paila [the sea entrance] to Laguna Chunyaxche and
Laguna Muyil, where ancient ruins are located. Laguna Campechen is
also linked creating a vast inland waterway of narrow canals and big
lakes.

• Playa del Carmen---This is a renowned resort area and offers the
best of tropical Mexico. Visit Xcaret, an ecological and archeological
theme park that’s great for family entertainment. Easy access to the
Maya coastal city of Tulum and Xel-ha, a luxurious coastal inlet made
into a snorkel park. Also a great spot to do cave diving and fishing.

• Progresso---Progresso is Mexico’s main port in the state of Yucatan.
It has fine beaches and a pleasant seaside town. Vendors feature a
broad range of Mexican handicraft items. The port city for Merida, a
seductive, colonial city of whitewashed Moorish-style houses.

• Puerto Aventuras---In the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, Puerto
Aventuras is ideally situated for those interested in the ancient
Mayan culture. A fine beach, and marina are surrounded by lush
tropical beauty. Water sports activities abound. Close by is Tulum,
the only Maya walled city on the coast and the eco-park Xcaret. There
is a condo community with a nine-hole golf course and restaurant
complex that surrounds a dolphin pool.

• Puerto Morelos---Only 20 minutes South of Cancun on what is termed
“the Riviera Maya,” Puerto Morelos is small and tranquil fishing
village inhabited by the descendants of the Mayas.

• Punta Herradura---Twenty miles offshore is an excellent reef where
SeaDream will position for water sports.

• Punta Venado---A perfect beach, a tranquil town, all unspoiled sand
natural. That’s Punta Venado.

• San Felipe---This fishing village on the northern coast of the
Yucatan peninsula, east of Progresso, is SeaDream’s jumping off point
for the exploration of Chichen Itza.

• Tikal---A monumental Mayan civilization site in Guatemala with
towering pyramids looming out of the thick jungle. It was built around
600 B.C. and was an important religious, scientific and political
center for more than 100,000 inhabitants. Tikal has been declared a
heritage of humanity by UNESCO.

• Tulum---Tulum is the only Maya walled-city on the Mexico an
Caribbean coastline. The ruins include many well-reserved masonry and
stucco buildings resting on limestone bluffs. They were once part of a
fortress and lookout station.