Press release for CCL Miracle

Old September 20th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Tom & Linda

Default Press release for CCL Miracle

Excellent. MORE competition for NCL and Voyager next year. Though I
would have preferred a Princess ship myself.

It should help with pricing from NYC.

--Tom

Jim wrote:

Enjoy,
Jim

CARNIVAL MIRACLE TO OPERATE SEVEN-DAY CRUISES FROM NEW YORK
TO PORT CANAVERAL/ORLANDO AND THE BAHAMAS IN 2004

Program Continues Line's Rapid Expansion in Northeast, Complements Wide
Variety
of Caribbean, Canada, New England Cruises from the Big Apple

MIAMI (09/19/03) - Carnival Cruise Lines will offer its first-ever
program of seven-day cruises from New York to Port Canaveral/Orlando and The
Bahamas in summer 2004 aboard the new 88,500-ton Carnival Miracle, currently
under construction in Helsinki, Finland.
On this new program, the 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle will depart the
New York City Passenger Ship Terminal each Saturday from June 12 - Aug. 28,
2004, on week-long cruises to Port Canaveral/Orlando, and Nassau and
Freeport, The -Bahamas.
"For Carnival Miracle, we've assembled a terrific itinerary offering a
unique combination of vacation experiences -- the fun-filled attractions of
Orlando and Florida's Space Coast and the laid-back ambiance of The
Bahamas," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO. He added that the
Carnival Miracle will be the newest addition to the line's highly acclaimed
Spirit-class which boasts the latest in technology and ship design providing
the ultimate level of choice in dining, entertainment and accommodations.
Including Carnival Miracle's new seven-day schedule, in 2004
Carnival will operate more than 70 voyages to the Caribbean, Bahamas,
Florida, Canada and New England aboard three "Fun Ships" departing from New
York and Baltimore. "Only Carnival offers these exciting itineraries from
two convenient, 'close-to-home' departure points on three of the cruise
industry's most modern, state-of-the-art floating resorts," he added.

Seven-Day Cruises from New York on Carnival Miracle
On June 12, 2004, Carnival Miracle will operate the first of 12
week-long cruises to Port Canaveral/Orlando and The Bahamas from New York.
The seven-day voyages will include an extra-long, 14-hour call at Port
Canaveral, Fla., offering guests ample time to visit the nearby Kennedy
Space Center or enjoy an excursion to Orlando's popular theme parks and
attractions. Also included are visits to Nassau and Freeport, both of which
are home to gorgeous white-sand beaches and excellent shopping and
watersports opportunities.

Signature 'Fun Ship' Amenities
The 20th vessel in Carnival's "Fun Ship" fleet, Carnival Miracle
will offer a wide range of on-board features and facilities. Eighty percent
of the ship's staterooms will offer an ocean view or ocean view with
balcony. In fact, Carnival Miracle will feature the highest percentage of
balconied staterooms of any ship sailing from New York and Baltimore.
The vessel's stunning interiors are inspired by famous fictional
icons and include 16 lounges and bars. The ship will also feature four
swimming pools, a jogging track, Internet café, wedding chapel, video
arcade, and a multitude of fine and casual dining options, including a
reservations-only supper club located at the uppermost level of a soaring
11-deck-high atrium.
Also featured will be a 14,500-square-foot health club and a
comprehensive golf program with professional instruction both aboard ship
and during excursions. An 1,800-square-foot play area, part of the line's
top-rated "Camp Carnival" program, will be included, as well.

Special Five-Day Canada Voyage on Carnival Miracle
Prior to the start-up of its seven-day program from New York,
Carnival Miracle will operate a special five-day Canada cruise June 7-12,
2004. Ports of call on this one-time voyage include Saint John, New
Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This short cruise itinerary, the first operated by one of the line's
88,500-ton "Spirit-class" vessels, provides an exciting, cost-effective
choice for first-time cruisers, as well as an attractive option for repeat
passengers who want to visit these Canadian ports on Carnival's newest "Fun
Ship."

Prices and Reservations
Prices for Carnival Miracle's new seven-day cruises from New York to
Port Canaveral/Orlando and The Bahamas begin at $899 per person, based on
double occupancy. Rates for Carnival Miracle's five-day Canada cruise start
at $529 per person.
If purchased via Carnival's "Fun Finance Plan (SM)," which enables guests to
purchase a "Fun Ship" cruise over 24 monthly installments, prices for
Carnival Miracle's seven-day Port Canaveral/Orlando and The Bahamas cruises
begin at $42 per month. Prices for Carnival Miracle's five-day Canada
cruise begin at $25 per month (based on a 24-month payment term at the
lowest annual percentage rate available).
Actual "Fun Finance Plan" monthly payments and terms may vary according to
the applicant's credit qualifications. Valid for U.S. individual bookings
only. Certain other restrictions apply. Special rates for third and fourth
guests sailing in the same stateroom are available, as well.
Carnival is currently accepting reservations on all of its 2004 New York
departures.
For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call
1-800-CARNIVAL or visit www.carnival.com http://www.carnival.com.

###

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World's Leading
Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America Line,
Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The
Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guests, and a
commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer an exciting and enriching cruise
vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

Old September 20th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

The 7 day itinerary is terrible.
Much prefer the 10 & 11 day itinerary that NCL Dawn is doing out of NY.

Florence

Old September 20th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

Yes Jim, but Nassau & Freeport are a waste. Orlando should be done on a
land tour. Even 8 day Carnival Legend has a better itinerary.

Florence

Old September 21st, 2003, 01:19 AM
Jim

Florence,
While I too prefer longer cruises when possible you have to understand
that for many one week is all they can take at a time due to vacations and
work schedules. The Miracle is one of the new Spirit Class ships and is
faster than most cruise ships and can get farther and get there faster than
many other ships. This allows you access more distance ports with more time
in the port itself.
Jim

Old September 21st, 2003, 02:35 AM
Tom & Linda

Voyager's itinerary from NY isn't that good either... Cayman is the only
great stop, and with any rough seas, it can be "iffy". And neither is
Norwegian Dawn's itinerary.

Problem is that NYC isn't near any "great" ports... except Bermuda.

--Tom

Jim wrote:

Hey, I didn't say it was a great cruise. LOL Just posting the press
release that I got about it for everyone else to see. It will appeal to a
number of folks, and it will not appeal to others. One of the reasons why we
have so many choices and I am grateful for the wide selection we have. I
like CCL very much but I also have liked the other cruiselines I have been
on with the exception of NCL and I feel that the ship really wasn't much to
really judge the cruiseline on as it was the Norway. I have found there are
good things about all cruises, a few bad things and some great things and
try to take them all in stride and only make an overall judgment based on
the individual ship and even a greater generalization about the entire line
until I have cruised at least a half dozen or so on each line.

Old September 21st, 2003, 02:59 AM
Charles

In article , Tom & Linda
wrote:

Problem is that NYC isn't near any "great" ports... except Bermuda.

The Legends Caribbean itinerary looks like the best one out of New York
except Bermuda. I tried to book that one but it did not work out since
the rotating eight day cycle never fit in with my possible vacation
times. Voyager is a destination in itself so itinerary does not matter
too much. I might book Miricle despite the itinerary if I can get a
good price as trying Carnival is one of my top resolutions for next
year.

--
Charles

Old September 21st, 2003, 09:42 PM
Eileen Garland

I would define the problem differently, Tom. For me, the best part of
cruising is the ship, and if the cruiselines want to attract passengers
in ports like NY, I think they should be selling the ship as the
destination!

Eileen

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:25 PM
Tom & Linda

Then you need several things. You need a "ship is the destination"
ship. Voyager may be in that class. Grand Princess might have been in
that class... but I didn't care for Grand. Millie class ships aren't
IMO. Norwegian Dawn wasn't either. Being similar sizes, I would doubt
that Radiance class or Spirit class are either. I'm thinking that the
only ships out there that would fit that is Voyager class.

Second, (sorry Warren) but I think you need a very large solarium pool
area, or a cover over the main pool. NYC simply isn't a tropical area.
Even in the summer, you can get out into the "maritime climate" areas
out past Long Island, and it can get quite chilly at times.

--Tom