Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in 2004.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
Gordon

Default Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in 2004.

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Gordon
wrote:

Why is this spam? We have our resident TA who posts this stuff on the

hour.
Why isn't that considered spam?

"Anchors Away...." does not participate in the r.t.c. discussion. Also
their posts are repeats of press releases that were already posted to
r.t.c. They are not posting new releases. For example the press release
on Carnival short cruise offerings that they posted yesterday 3/31, was
already posted on 3/26, by Ray.

--
Charles

Makes no difference as to who participates and who does not. Bottom line is
that Ray posts this stuff all the time and uses his agency name in his sig
line. If he is allowed to do this then so is any other TA.

Gordon

Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:07 AM
Charles

In article , Gordon
wrote:

Makes no difference as to who participates and who does not. Bottom line is
that Ray posts this stuff all the time and uses his agency name in his sig
line. If he is allowed to do this then so is any other TA.

It makes a difference to me. I pay attention to Ray because he
participates. He doesn't only post releases. But in any case the
"Anchors" posts do not contain new information, the releases have
already been posted. That is disingenuous. I won't pay any attention to
them except to add them to my kill-file as they are wasting bandwidth.

--
Charles
Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:10 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:02:10 -0500, Charles
wrote:

"Anchors Away...." does not participate in the r.t.c. discussion. Also
their posts are repeats of press releases that were already posted to
r.t.c. They are not posting new releases. For example the press release
on Carnival short cruise offerings that they posted yesterday 3/31, was
already posted on 3/26, by Ray.

When you bow down to Ray, does your ass touch his lips?
Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:57 AM
Dick Goldhaber

There is no such thing as a forbidden post on this newsgroup.

I don't read most of Ray's posts as most of the time I have already seen
them as part of Yahoo Stock Tracker since I track both CCL and RCL.

I agree that in addition to Ray's news posts he is always around to answer
questions.

I saw the four or five notes from Anchors Aweigh and just killfiled them as
I have many others whose only contributions come when they have something to
promote.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old April 5th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Jim L

Six or seven posts (and repeat news at that) is spam from a new
comer........

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
There is no such thing as a forbidden post on this newsgroup.

I don't read most of Ray's posts as most of the time I have already seen
them as part of Yahoo Stock Tracker since I track both CCL and RCL.

I agree that in addition to Ray's news posts he is always around to answer
questions.

I saw the four or five notes from Anchors Aweigh and just killfiled them

as
I have many others whose only contributions come when they have something

promote.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old April 5th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:30:00 GMT, "Jim L" wrote:

Six or seven posts (and repeat news at that) is spam from a new
comer........

Define when he is no longer a newcomer then.