is there any good barbaques on cruises?

Old May 6th, 2004, 05:59 AM
steve

Default is there any good barbaques on cruises?

after 2 cruises was dissapointed again as food cold undercooked and
tough. to tell u the truth the barbaques in the us navy beat em both
easily.

Old May 6th, 2004, 07:20 AM
JLP20

after 2 cruises was dissapointed again as food cold undercooked and
tough. to tell u the truth the barbaques in the us navy beat em both
easily.

Seeing that a true Bar-B-Que takes about an hour for the wood/charcoal to get
ready and hours for some meats to cook correctly, a cruise ship is not the
right place to set up a smoker. The galley is no place for the smoke and ash. I
don't think you could place a real Bar-B-Que anywhere else on the ship due to
the threat of fire.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Dory Samuels

We LOVED the BBQ lunches on the old Regal Empress (since gone bankrupt).
They set up the grills by the pool and to the best of our memory they
were charcoal. They heated them for about 45 minutes and then started
cooking. Ribs, chicken, hot dogs, sausages and hamburgers. I'm sure
the ribs and chicken were prepared 1st in the galley and only finished
off on the grills. (Just as we do at home) With this they had GREAT
french fries, baked beans, cole slaw and lettuce, tomatoes & onions.
Rolls & buns and I think garlic bread. It was one of the best BBQ's
anywhere.
Too bad they ran into financial troubles. We loved their 3 night
cruises out of Port Manatee (Sarasota, Fl.) with an overnight stay in
Key West. 200.00 p/p TOTAL. Not a lot of frills and tiny cabins, but 2
of the 3 cruises on this ship were super.

Oh, I almost forgot....they had "Happy Hour" and served FREE draft beer
and Margaritas.

~Dory~

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:44 PM
HDawson228

The unRegal Empress was the worst ships I've been on but they had great fresh
homemade donuts every morning on the aft deck The cruise had a great iten but
the ship's water was brown. If any active cruise ship is ready for the
breakers it is the unRegal Empress.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:18 PM

Default is there any good barbeques on cruises?

HAL has had barbeques on just about every cruise I've been on. ..They
set everything up by the Lido pool. ..Steaks, chicken, and ribs.
EXCELLENT!! ...Jon

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Tom & Linda

Norwegian Dawn has barbecue by the pool on most days. Ribs, steaks,
burgers, dogs, etc.

--Tom

Old May 8th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Steve Hayes

Just returned from HAL Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean cruise. Had a great
BBQ next to Lido pool with steaks being grilled in front of our eyes.
Food was very tasty and one of the best BBQ's at sea that I have
encountered. The ribs were very good and fell off the bone.
Steve Hayes