Flying with prescription medicine.

Old September 4th, 2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Default Flying with prescription medicine.

Normally (well, as normal as before the most recent abnormality) when I
fly I carry my prescription meds in one of those hard plastic cases,
separated by days of the week so I can remember to take them. Now I
understand your prescription meds have to match the name of the
prescription bottle, since as everyone knows, you can blow up a plane
using just blood pressure pills. My question is, how would they know I
am carrying prescription meds if I just put them in plastic baggies in
my shirt or pants pockets?

Old September 4th, 2006, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

In message .com
"PeterL" wrote:

Normally (well, as normal as before the most recent abnormality) when I
fly I carry my prescription meds in one of those hard plastic cases,
separated by days of the week so I can remember to take them. Now I
understand your prescription meds have to match the name of the
prescription bottle, since as everyone knows, you can blow up a plane
using just blood pressure pills. My question is, how would they know I
am carrying prescription meds if I just put them in plastic baggies in
my shirt or pants pockets?

Good odds nobody will notice them. If they do get noticed and taken
away, what will happen to you without 'em? Is it worth the risk?

--
Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.
Old September 4th, 2006, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

PeterL wrote:
Normally (well, as normal as before the most recent abnormality) when I
fly I carry my prescription meds in one of those hard plastic cases,
separated by days of the week so I can remember to take them. Now I
understand your prescription meds have to match the name of the
prescription bottle, since as everyone knows, you can blow up a plane
using just blood pressure pills. My question is, how would they know I
am carrying prescription meds if I just put them in plastic baggies in
my shirt or pants pockets?

Just an obvious solution... If you put the pills in their proper
bottles to fly, and then reorganize when you get there, isn't that a
reasonable solution? You don't have to keep them in their original
bottle when you get there, I pressume this is just while you're in
transit to your destination.

I have the same issue, I like to organize my vitamins, but since I
travel from Canada to the US (not by plane), I don't want to be in
detention in Detroit for a day or two while they figure out what I'm
carrying. I just leave stuff in their bottles, and sort them out when
the time is appropriate.

Just for the record, one of my customers told me his buddy from school
missed out on a group trip to Las Vegas because his buddy had packed
his pills in a baggie, and Customs wanted to test them to make sure
they weren't contraband. He was caught at the Toronto International
Airport, which was probably lucky for him, because he was allowed to
return home after several hours (still in Canada when it happened). It
screwed things up enough that he missed the trip, so I'd have to say,
no it's probably not worth the risk of getting caught.

S.

Old September 4th, 2006, 05:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rumsfield[_1_]

DevilsPGD wrote in
:
Good odds nobody will notice them. If they do get noticed and taken
away, what will happen to you without 'em? Is it worth the risk?

Of if they do get noticed and you get taken away ...
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

In message Rumsfield
wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote in
:
Good odds nobody will notice them. If they do get noticed and taken
away, what will happen to you without 'em? Is it worth the risk?

Of if they do get noticed and you get taken away ...

True enough... Although usually in my experience anything innocently
forgotten is simply discarded (or you can mail it to yourself for a
vastly inflated price). Medications might be different, but a small
number of days worth of labeled pills? I doubt anyone would care.

--
For recreational use only.
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
DevilsPGD wrote:

In message Rumsfield
wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote in
:
Good odds nobody will notice them. If they do get noticed and taken
away, what will happen to you without 'em? Is it worth the risk?

Of if they do get noticed and you get taken away ...

True enough... Although usually in my experience anything innocently
forgotten is simply discarded (or you can mail it to yourself for a
vastly inflated price). Medications might be different, but a small
number of days worth of labeled pills? I doubt anyone would care.

The rule about prescription meds has been in place for years; it is
nothing new. What I have always done is pack one of those daily dose
containers with my meds in my toiletries bag and put it in my checked
luggage, but what I also do is carry an extra supply of each of my meds
on board the plane in their original containers.

This way, I don't have to spend time sorting out my meds when I arrive
at my destination and I also have a backup supply in the event my
luggage is lost or stolen.

I am also a big Palm Pilot fan. If I was ever out of town without my
meds, a simply visit to a drug store where ever I am is all I would need
to resolve the issue. I have a complete and updated list of my meds on
my Palm Pilot, along with dosages, my doctor's contact info, and my
pharmacy's contact info.
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Ramsay

PeterL wrote:

Normally (well, as normal as before the most recent abnormality) when I
fly I carry my prescription meds in one of those hard plastic cases,
separated by days of the week so I can remember to take them. Now I
understand your prescription meds have to match the name of the
prescription bottle, since as everyone knows, you can blow up a plane
using just blood pressure pills. My question is, how would they know I
am carrying prescription meds if I just put them in plastic baggies in
my shirt or pants pockets?

Carry your plastic case and the prescription bottle.

Do you really want to run out of your blood
pressure pills if your return is unexpectedly delayed?

Old September 4th, 2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rumsfield

DevilsPGD wrote in
:
True enough... Although usually in my experience anything innocently
forgotten is simply discarded (or you can mail it to yourself for a
vastly inflated price). Medications might be different, but a small
number of days worth of labeled pills? I doubt anyone would care.

Depends a lot on your "racial profile"
Old September 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

keep em in the bottle and its no problem.....mix 2 or 3 per bottle if
they look similar enough.....they dont realy care all that much.....i
tossed in 3 or 4 E's with some naproxin(which arent even the same
shape), and noone so much as looked twice.....

Chuck