Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Old June 11th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Jujubes

Default Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Jeff,

We had the exact same call from GeoHolidays, and thank God for you because
the night before we went, we saw your post here. Out of curiosity (which
we would forever regret) we went to their 'NO OBLIGATION' presentation (90
minutes). Everything was exactly as you described--the eerie chanting and
robotic enthusiasm exhibited by staff!

Speaking of staff, they are all queers there. We had a very odd looking
girl from Ukraine who has a huge head, short neck and a very gangly body.
Everything about her was freaky. She smiles a lot and has a thick,
disturbingly annoying accent...but to her credit, when we told her NO, she
did not push. But then a nasty looking middle-aged woman (wearing a short
skirt and heels) barely even 4 feet tall came out and started talking to
us like we were stupid. Up to that point we already knew what we were in
for, thanks to your post, but we had played nice in order to get our
'guaranteed' prize. I lost it when Maria Lugert, this ugly, pudgy woman
(once again, I must stress she was wearing a short skirt) talked down to
us like we were so stupid not to take the deal. They want you to sign away
(and pay for) the next 45 years of your vacation right there on the spot!

We were the first to leave. Of course, we were led to 'draw' for our
prize, which turned out to be the same 3-day accomodation only prize Jeff
got. I think all the ballots in there were the same -- 3 day hotel
accomodation in their crappy buildings. As far as we knew, during that 2
hours we were there, NOBODY bought anything. I looked around many times
during the 'pitch' and everyone was looking pretty miserable and cautious
as we did. Thank God.

I did give Maria a few very rude cheeky remarks about their 'program'. I
would have said more except my husband thinks that we shouldn't let them
get to us since we already knew what they were all about. He's right. I
just hope that next time anyone gets a call from GeoHolidays or Fairfield
they will read this before they decide to attend. Seriously, it is NOT
worth it.

I think it's a scam. I will now make it my mission to spread the word. I
would never recommend anyone going there even just to pick up the 3-day
accomodation prize.

Old July 12th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Kotya

Hi!
(Firtst of all I have to say Sorry for my English, it's my second
language)
Now, the story. Please, read it till the end!
Me and my husband just had an ugly expirience there- GEO Holidays.They
promissed us a gift-vacation for attending 90 minutes presentation, that
why we came.
It was not 90 minutes! It was 3 hours.They tried to make us to purchase it
(3 sailspersons!!!one after another, but we didn't agree)
they did everything not to give the gift vacation to us, after they
understood, that we will never, never purchase a timeshare there. How they
did that- they just said: ok, wait 5 minutes, there is a line in the gift
room.
So, we had to sit and wait almost an hour!I started to talk to another
couple and the management saw it and didn't like it, so they took us to
the gift room right away! No line was there of course!
but when they finally gave the prize to us- it was not what they
promissed on the phone! So, we sad to them- that they didn't tell the
truth and this is not solid at all for a company that they say they are.We
don't want to deal with them.The manager was SO angry at me at that
point!
It ended ugly:I had to call the police, because their manager was so
aggressive, when we were leaving he jumped and hold my husband and i was
afraid my husband will be hurt by him. The man was very big and tall and
he screamed at my husband very loud. I was trying to reach my husband, to
stand with him , but the manager pushed me away again and again, at that
point i screamed too. I didn,t know what they want from us now? To force
us to give them a cheque or a credit card? What?
The sails people-women hold (!) my hands, while the manager was holding my
husband and I thought he was bitting him.I started to cry. I felt
helpless! People cane to the room and nobody tried to help us! Yes, the
work there and they didn't want to lose the job.
The manager screamed: I know your address, I bet you will have problems,
you don't know who i am e.t.c... (actually, I am worried now: they do have
our personal information!)
Then the women let me go and I called 911 from my cell.
When they saw that I called the police- they called the police too,
telling that... I have bit somebody!The police came soon and we explaind
what happened. The sales people told absolutly faulse stories about what
happend there.
I heard Police Officer said to them , that they can't believe that
stories, because they all represent one company and of course they will
tell stories against us!
The police officer asked us if we want to go to the police and to open a
criminal charge against them. And the company will open a case against us,
because they will say that I bit them!
we decided not to open a criminal charge against them.We didn't have time
to go to the police, we had to come home- to our little son, who was with
the babysitter.That was the only thing we thought about.
May be we HAD to go to the police station? oh,who needs this dirt? We were
so tired and i personnaly felt like i was raped!

Now, we feel so bad. We will never go to timeshare presentation again!I am
glad it is behind us.

The only thing I am still worried about: they have our personal
information.Who knows, what they can do?
And another thing- during the fight, the manager said that because of us
he lost clients and he will go to court etc.
(Because of us?? Because of them they don't have clients! Because they
behave like that!)

I feel bad and so stuipid because we went there...It was a stuipîd idea,
really.

what do you think?
Thank you for reading this.

Old September 17th, 2004, 05:28 AM
manx

I too had such a call, my spouce and I went last night actually, and I knew
once we were there what was going on, and yes, as Jeff described his
experience, it was that and everything. I kept trying to calculate the
difference if I paid for such a holiday on my own. The costs look great.
Yes, 45,000 vacation plan seems like a lot. Yes, it was clear my "agent"
was well coached, right down to whispering to us it was his birthday, and
he got the cake.....if it's a scam, kudos to all for such a great front.
I don't think it is fair to say as Jujubes did that they are all queers,
all the folks during our experience were straight, and very beautiful
looking and in good shape, like all they do is vacation. Tall good looking
blondes, nice looking athletic types. We are "queer" so our experience
was with straight people selling a product. Hard selling that's for sure.
I am willing to put out the 45,000.00, but now after seeing this site,
and my kids won't like hearing this tomorrow morning, but thanks to this
string being on-going, we'll book our own holidays. I'm afraid we'll go on
one of their trips and see that it isn't what it looks like in the
presentation and be stuck in the middle of no where. Glad to see one
posting by a vacationer who spoke well of this vavation plan. Thanks for
keeping us informed, hopefully someone with a positive storey will write
in. Manx in Ottawa, Canada

Old September 17th, 2004, 05:32 AM
manx

Kotya, thank you for writing in with your story. You may have saved my
family from a similar experience I am sure. I noticed that too, they
didn't want us talking to other people. strange.

Old September 17th, 2004, 05:32 AM
manx

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
admin2008

It's a big disaster, glad you didn't go. Unfortunately, we went ..... if
you have time, please read our website www. ourexperience.org. Your
comments and suggestions are very welcomed!!

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
admin2008