On a trip with my family to Ottawa…..!!

Old October 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Godfrey Godfrey is offline
Member

Default On a trip with my family to Ottawa…..!!

Hello everyone, these days I am a bit relieved from my office work and planning to make a trip to Ottawa with my family members. I have not yet told them about the plans, but just re-planning the whole thing so that I don’t leave a thing unseen. I would love to have some useful information on the facilities available there for a family stay. We are a 5 member family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith

Godfrey wrote:
Hello everyone, these days I am a bit relieved from my office work and
planning to make a trip to Ottawa with my family members. I have not
yet told them about the plans, but just re-planning the whole thing so
that I don’t leave a thing unseen. I would love to have some useful
information on the facilities available there for a family stay. We are
a 5 member family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There is lots to keep you busy in Ottawa. There are museums, art
galleries, the Mint, Parliament buildings.
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Makowiec

On 15 Oct 2009 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Godfrey wrote:

Hello everyone, these days I am a bit relieved from my office work
and planning to make a trip to Ottawa with my family members. I have
not yet told them about the plans, but just re-planning the whole
thing so that I don't leave a thing unseen. I would love to have
some useful information on the facilities available there for a
family stay. We are a 5 member family. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

If you're looking for hotels, I can't help. But there is a lot to do
there. A couple of my favorites:

- Museum of Technology: http://www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca/
- Museum of Civilization (across the river in Gatineau-Hull):
http://www.civilization.ca/cmc/home/cmc-home
- RCMP Musical Ride Cent
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mr-ce/centre-eng.htm

It looks like there's a strike on at the moment at the Museum of
Civilization and the War Museum. Details at their website.

When exactly will you be there? If it's after the Rideau freezes, you
can skate on the "World's Longest Skating Rink".

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Lambert Lambert is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Hello everyone, these days I am a bit relieved from my office work and planning to make a trip to Ottawa with my family members. I have not yet told them about the plans, but just re-planning the whole thing so that I don’t leave a thing unseen. I would love to have some useful information on the facilities available there for a family stay. We are a 5 member family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ottawa is a great place to visit and you would really love to have your family there in the city. I was there with my friend, though the trip was for a corporate meeting, but did get some time to get a glimpse of the city and we just loved it. As for the staying part, I would recommend to have a look at the rental apartments in Ottawa to help you find a good one.
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike from Ottawa

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:22:12 +0100, Godfrey
wrote:

Hello everyone, these days I am a bit relieved from my office work and
planning to make a trip to Ottawa with my family members. I have not
yet told them about the plans, but just re-planning the whole thing so
that I don’t leave a thing unseen. I would love to have some useful
information on the facilities available there for a family stay. We are
a 5 member family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa. What kinds of things interest your family? Museums,
nature, bike paths, winter sports, etc?