Morocco

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Neil W

Default Morocco

hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??
probably stay a week or two
websites ??
cheers Neil Wanstall

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

"Neil W" wrote in message
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??
probably stay a week or two
websites ??
cheers Neil Wanstall

In all seriousness, are you joking?

I've been re-visiting Morocco over some 30+ years, and am still learning!

If your palette is currently so blank, why are you going?

What are your interests there?

Once you've Googled 'Morocco' a few times, by all means come back with any
specific questions, and I'll be delighted to oblige, if possible.

Surreyman

Old March 13th, 2007, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Old March 13th, 2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Iceman" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Funny that. When I ask for help with a trip to Morocco I get told
it's the wrong group

(Still looking BTW)

tim

Old March 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Mar 13, 2:16 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Iceman" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Funny that. When I ask for help with a trip to Morocco I get told
it's the wrong group

The rec.travel.africa group has very little traffic, and what little
traffic it has is mostly about safaris, so you have a much better
chance of getting an answer here. A lot of people visit Morocco as
part of a longer European trip, so I don't think it's really out of
place. Anyway, with all the flamewars, spam, and off-topic crap that
gets posted here, I don't see why people would object so much to an
occasional post about Morocco.

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

Morocco ?
Europe ?
How about rec.travel.africa ?

Old March 14th, 2007, 12:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

"Iceman" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 13, 2:16 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Iceman" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Funny that. When I ask for help with a trip to Morocco I get told
it's the wrong group

The rec.travel.africa group has very little traffic, and what little
traffic it has is mostly about safaris, so you have a much better
chance of getting an answer here. A lot of people visit Morocco as
part of a longer European trip, so I don't think it's really out of
place. Anyway, with all the flamewars, spam, and off-topic crap that
gets posted here, I don't see why people would object so much to an
occasional post about Morocco.

Agreed. Some time back I looked at starting a North Africa/Middle East
group - a very common travel interest 'package', but could generate very
little interest.

We have to go somewhere, and this is by far the more appropriate and
amenable group.

Surreyman

Old March 14th, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Iceman" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 13, 2:16 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Iceman" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Funny that. When I ask for help with a trip to Morocco I get told
it's the wrong group

The rec.travel.africa group has very little traffic, and what little
traffic it has is mostly about safaris, so you have a much better
chance of getting an answer here.

I thought that too, hence the reason why I asked here.
(It's not like I posted out of the blue, I do contribute
frequently, and sometimes sensibly)

But the only one reply that I got told me to go away.

tim

Old March 15th, 2007, 11:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

"tim....." wrote in message

"Iceman" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 13, 2:16 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Iceman" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 13, 5:14 am, "Neil W" wrote:
hi all
am planning a trip to Morocco next year
whats to do ?? any suggestions ??

Do you want to visit the historic cities, the mountains, the desert,
or all three?

probably stay a week or two websites ??

roughguides.com and lonelyplanet.com are a good place to start.

Funny that. When I ask for help with a trip to Morocco I get told
it's the wrong group

The rec.travel.africa group has very little traffic, and what little
traffic it has is mostly about safaris, so you have a much better
chance of getting an answer here.

I thought that too, hence the reason why I asked here.
(It's not like I posted out of the blue, I do contribute
frequently, and sometimes sensibly)

But the only one reply that I got told me to go away.

I didn't tell you to go away.
I suggested that you came back with more specific questions.
To answer "What to do" in Morocco is an impossibly wide brief!
I'm a Morocco 'fan' and will very happily answer whichever actual questions
that I can.

Surreyman