Need Help/Ideas

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
waitressvn waitressvn is offline
Member

Default Need Help/Ideas

I am planning a trip to Alaska with my wife over the Christmas holiday and have no idea where to start. It should be close to around 10 days, but I really have no idea what to do. Alaska is such s a big place with what seems to be a million different great things to do. I know we are flying into Anchorage, but from there, who knows? We are open to anything and both pretty adventurous people. Doing to the tourist thing would be fine, if it is worth it, but also getting off the beating path (i.e. camping, fishing, whatever) would be great too.

Basically, we have no idea what to do. We are coming from Hawaii, so first thing first is stocking up on the right clothes. Originally from the east coast, we know cold, but probably not this cold.

Any ideas would be great and thanks in advance for your help.
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Need Help/Ideas AK

You're flying FROM Hawaii to Anchorage - in December and have no plans ?!
\I'm sure if you ran an ad " will swap housing for 1 week in Hawaii for 1
week in Anchorage" , you'd be swamped by folks - who could tell you first
hand where to go/what to do. Meanwhile, from my bookmarks, here's a few
places to start.

http://www.alaskatravel.com/bus-line...denali-am.html
http://www.brianwasson.com/trips/alaska/index.htm
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...210020006.html
http://www.travelalaska.com/Activities/index.aspx
I'd also check into " aurora borealis" to see when/where.
Good luck.

--
waitressvn