Celebrity Summit Q

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:23 PM
BilliamT64

Default Celebrity Summit Q

I was wondering what are the tipping policies for alternate dining. Are
gratuities included with the charge or is that separate? And if it is separate,
how much should be left?

Thanks in advance

11 more days!

Old April 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Duck

We did alt dining once last trip and the tips were separte because you
do not have your main dining waiters in the alt dining.

Old April 19th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Edward Bagnaschi

what is alt dining? is that the classy dining? I am taking the
celebrity, is everything included with the price except for tips?

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Pat

Alt or alternative dining on the Summit usually refers to the specialty
dining room on the ship, that has a $25 per person charge. It is so
very much worth the money, you should check it out. The other places to
dine other than the main dining room are considered by a very few as
an alternate dining place, but really are other places that you can get
a hamburg, pizza, pasta and things like that. There is another place
that requires reservations, and is casual dining. No extra charge for
this place, but it does get quite busy and sometimes very difficult to
get reservations. Whatever you do, don't miss out on a super great meal
at the specialty dining room. Don't know it's name on the Summit, but
it is the Olympic on the Millennium, and Ocean Liner on the Constellation.

Have a Great Cruise! We leave this Saturday on the Constellation.
Pat

Duck wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:25:04 -0700, (Edward
Bagnaschi) wrote:

what is alt dining? is that the classy dining? I am taking the
celebrity, is everything included with the price except for tips?

Alt=alternayive dining, some like to est there so they do not have to
dress up for that night or their excursion got back at a late time and
did not want to rush to early dining.

Alternative dining is included with your cruise.

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Larry Simon

For alternate dining:

1. Casual dining in the Waterfall Cafe - at night they have table service
dining in the waterfall cafe. This is the casual alternative for those not
wanting to go to the dining room for any reason. There was a recommended
tip, but I don't recall what it was.

2. Specialty Dining at the Normandy - this is a very extravagant dining
room with a $25PP charge. I was told that the upcharge covers gratuities
but that we could add extra to the billing if we wished.

3. Other there is a Sushi cafe from 6PM to?? every night, cage style so no
tipping, there is also a pizza and pasta bar open all evening and late into
the night every day, again cafe style so no tipping. I also heard, but
didn't try, that you could get the full dining room menu from room service
during dinner hours. I always tip a couple dollars for room service
delivery, but that's a personal choice.

4. There are two late night buffets: an outdoor one on Caribbean night and
a "grand" buffet at midnight on of the last few nights of the cruise.

Hope you have fun! It's been two weeks since our cruise ended and we're
still in post cruise depression wishing we were back on the Summit. It was
a GREAT cruise!!!!