Thepossible return of fuel surcharges

Old June 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Default Thepossible return of fuel surcharges

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"John Sisker" wrote in message
m...
Even though oil was and/or is nearing $70 a barrel, it is already
starting
to come down at bit. We all know that this is closely watched by all the
cruise line anyway; but likewise, we can all bet that they simply don't
want to jump to gun either. This would only create bad press, animosity
and doubt among the traveling public, and jeopardize their creditability.
There has already been enough written about this very subject before on
R.T.C., when the cruise lines did have to implement this additional fuel
supplemental fee.

Amazing. You are the guy who posts press releases over and over again
after
someone else has already posted the same thing... now you are criticizing
me
for starting a subject that is germane to the industry today?

You are the same guy who copies other websites wholesale then pastes it
into "informational" posts here on r.t.c. and you are criticizing me for
starting a new discussion about a situation that is happening in the
cruise industry?

You are the same guy who posts links to other people's articles and you
are criticizing me for starting an original discussion that is both timely
and on topic?

You are the guy who posts links to your own "bought and paid for travel
agent in a box" booking engine... and you are criticizing me?

You are the guy who belonged to and defended a MLM marketing scam
(Joystar) in spite of the fact that knowledgeable people warned you YEARS
ago that this company was bogus and a scam..... and you are criticizing
me?

Incredible.

Actually no! And wrong on every single speculations again, except the one
where I am indeed criticizing you for trying to stir the pot and create
doubt just to get you name and agency advertisements circulated again. This
just showed bad taste, which obviously now continues on with name the same
name calling and innuendos.

John

Old June 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jun 7, 10:17*am, "John Sisker" wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote in message

"John Sisker" wrote in message
om...
[...]

John- Hide quoted text -

George hardly needs to post just so he can get his name noticed.
George is a wonderful TA and he doesn't need to post here to get
clients!!

Lola in Hamilton
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Fair enough Lola. I'm sure George is indeed a wonderful travel agent with
many loyal clients. Group booking with lots of repeat passengers do tend to
create loyalty. I was simply pointing out it is not always necessary to
advertising his upcoming group cruises, simply because many of his clients
are indeed taken from this very newsgroup. You said that yourself in the
fact that he doesn't need to post here to get clients. Yet, one can't help
but wonder why he does it anyway. Yet, the main point is, that I thought it
was in rather poor taste to purposely stir the pot talking about possible
price increases, when at this time, there is no facts and evidence to back
it up. Just look at the related threads, already people were starting to
panic.

John

Old June 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
[...]

Lola,
What John doesn't realize is that George is helpful without being
condescending...He does not post here just to get his name out there as John
does. He does not need to. I'm glad he lists his group cruise web sites as
I refer to them often even when I am booked on one of them....When George
answers a question, you KNOW that you are going to get a correct answer
without all the baloney that John adds to his responses trying to impress...
NOT! John came here acting as a" know it all' which he definitely is not. He
refused to acknowledge that there are people on this group who have 50-60
cruises under their belts; scoffing at their ability to give advice or share
what they have experienced. I have John killfilled but still see too many of
his posts reposted in other people's responses to him....though most of them
are not at all complimentary to John...When I was still reading John, all
he ever talked about was the one Disney cruise and one Hawaii cruise on NCL
that he took. I don't know if he has taken more since, but he certainly is
not as knowledgeable, honest, and pleasant as George is.

--Jean

Old June 7th, 2009, 11:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NomenNeisco

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
.. I have John killfilled but I still find a way to respond to him

--Jean

FYP
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Your concerns have already been addressed in my response back to Lola, well,
all except your typical insults and innuendoes. However, since there is
absolutely nothing new here as well, just the same old sarcasm, lies,
speculations and misinformation, there is no point in even trying to address
that anymore. It's obvious, you just won't get it. As for your loyalty to
George, then by all means stick with what you're comfortable with. If his
advertising included in with his signature line is fine with you, because
it's a convenience, then so be it. However, then let's not be calling the
kettle black. As to being in your so-called fill file, please don't go back
on that promise and respond back anyway through a connecting thread. The
less some of us hear from you the better.

John

Old June 14th, 2009, 05:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

the trigger date for the next quarter is 6/18 (although i've heard some say
the 17th). supposedly, if the nymex sweet texas light crude is above $65
on that date, the surcharge is imposed on july 1st. maybe.

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
[Default] Thus spake Charles :

In article , peter
wrote:

Running a "cruise agency" from your bedroom but not having any customers
you
may not understand this, but Carnival and RCL are in business to make
money
- "we all know that" but apparently you don't. That's why they expressly
reserve the right to reinstate fuel supplements if LSC exceeds $70 or
$65,
respectively, on the dates specified.

If the price stays above $65 or $70 for a while, by which I mean 30
days or more I think it likely they will bring back fuel supplements.
The investors will demand it. I think they will greatly annoy customers
if they add it to bookings that have made final payment, somewhat for
bookings that only have a deposit, least future bookings.

Several analysts (analists?) are concerned that the commodities
traders are jumping the gun and that the price rise may dampen the
improvement. And "Wall Street" seemed to agree on Friday.

Cruisingpower is down right now, so I can't check, but I seem to
remember that the trigger date for next quarter was May 15th. Anybody
have the October press release handy? I don't normally keep them more
than about 30 days.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Gee, Jimmy,I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend
turned out to be a Cylon."
-Special Agent Tim McGee, "NCIS"

Old June 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
William W. Wright

wrote:

[...]

We've got a future cruise booked for June '10 (the 7 day cruise to BDA
from Bayonne) seriously thinking of fully paying for it now as I
understand that fully paid cruises are not assessed -- Seem like a smart
move ??? Considering the potential investment income for a year & the
fact that I could always cancel and get my money back
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"William W. Wright" wrote

We've got a future cruise booked for June '10 (the 7 day cruise to BDA
from Bayonne) seriously thinking of fully paying for it now as I
understand that fully paid cruises are not assessed -- Seem like a smart
move ???

Nope. The cruise lines have the right to add the fee to fully paid
bookings. Also, if your fare goes down after you make your final payment,
the cruise line would have to issue you a refund and they HATE doing that.

Considering the potential investment income for a year & the fact that I
could always cancel and get my money back

Also consider that the fuel surcharge may only be a few dollars. People
look past that the part where the cruise lines can charge UP TO $9 or $10 pp
per day... but those fees were when the price of oil was $140 a bbl. A
new fuel surcharge with the price of oil around $70 to $80 per bbl is likely
to me much less.

YMMV... and your guess is as good as mine.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

September 19, 2009 Carnival Glory http://www.cruisemaster.com/glory.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old June 16th, 2009, 04:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 6/14/2009 7:47 AM, George Leppla wrote:

Also consider that the fuel surcharge may only be a few dollars. People
look past that the part where the cruise lines can charge UP TO $9 or
$10 pp per day... but those fees were when the price of oil was $140 a
bbl. A new fuel surcharge with the price of oil around $70 to $80 per
bbl is likely to me much less.

But didn't they start it at $5/day? Obviously if they made it
$2/day people would not be nearly as upset but would it be worth
the hassle for such a small amount? And do they allow customers
to cancel if the surcharge is imposed? I so, do they want to
give customers a way to cancel when business isn't all that great?

Also didn't RCI say that they would not charge fuel surcharges
for cruises starting in 2010? I thought it was only the 2009
cruises that they left open to the possibility.

Bill