Atlantis Submarine in St Thomas......

Old June 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Atlantis Submarine in St Thomas......

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:35:17 -0400, Sue Mullen
wrote:

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

Hi Sue,

They are still taking reservations on the net and their Twitter
account was active as of June 18. Please let us know when you hear
anything more.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

Hi Sue,

Scratch my last post. I have learned that the Atlantis Submarines St.
Thomas officially ceased operation on May 30th 2009.

Old June 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

Hi Sue,

They took the St. Thomas sub to Barbados where they plan to operate 2
subs.

Old June 26th, 2009, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

Hi Sue,

Scratch my last post. I have learned that the Atlantis Submarines St.
Thomas officially ceased operation on May 30th 2009.

LOL.....I knew my nephew was right. He had set up an excursion on the
Atlantis Sub for any of his wedding guests who were interested.

sue
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis
Submarine in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is
all of them or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

Hi Sue,

They took the St. Thomas sub to Barbados where they plan to operate 2
subs.

Very interesting and this I did not know. I wonder why they are doing this?

sue
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:33:13 -0400, Sue Mullen
wrote:

They took the St. Thomas sub to Barbados where they plan to operate 2
subs.

Very interesting and this I did not know. I wonder why they are doing this?

Hi Sue,

They said business was down at St. Thomas. I assume they think it
would be better at Barbados.

Old June 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

They took the St. Thomas sub to Barbados where they plan to operate 2
subs.

Very interesting and this I did not know. I wonder why they are doing this?

Hi Sue,

They said business was down at St. Thomas. I assume they think it
would be better at Barbados.

I would think with so many ships going to St Thomas that business would
be good, who knows.

sue
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
My nephew who lives in St Thomas just told us that the Atlantis Submarine
in St Thomas has gone out of business. I don't know if it is all of them
or just the one in St Thomas.

sue - leaving for St Thomas in 6 days!!

I am indeed a bit surprised to hear that the Atlantis Submarine will be
leaving St. Thomas. It is also somewhat puzzling, since one would think that
St. Thomas would be a more popular destination for cruise ships/passengers
than Barbados. But perhaps there is a lot more to this decision than meets
the eye, and/or is being revealed here.

However, even though I did a review in the Atlantis Submarine in
Oahu-Waikiki, Hawaii (posted on 6/6/2009 at 8:08 AM), neither Deborah nor I
have been on the Atlantis Submarines anywhere else, included both St. Thomas
or Barbados. Therefore, in our case, it would be impossible to say if we are
really missing anything. However, we did enjoy the Hawaii one, even though
it consisted of a lot of artificial reefs and other items of interest to
attract not only fish, but customers.

Smooth sailing to all...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old June 28th, 2009, 04:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr[_2_]

"John Sisker" wrote in message
m...
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
[...]

Since our first trip to St. Thomas 8 years ago, we have sailed every year to
St. Thomas but only in that first year did we do an excursion.
We shop till we drop in St. Thomas and generally we don't have time for the
submarine or any other excusions that are offered.
Maybe this is the case with others and their business is down.