Family hotel in Paris

Old September 21st, 2003, 06:30 PM
Ilkka Kangastalo

Default Family hotel in Paris

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) is looking for a hotel in Paris. Our
problem is, we should get just one room that is big enough for the whole
family (kids are 5 and 8). A room that has one kingsize bed and two
normal (or second kingsize) would do. We do not really need that much
floorspace, Paris is not a town where you want to spend time in your
room.

Some hotels have some rooms for three persons, and that does not seem to
be enough. Rooms for four are very rare.

Last time we stayed in Comfort Inn near Luxemburg Park, and it was just
fine. A standard American motel room really, not much French style in
decoration, but it was very suitable for us.

Location near St. Germain would be nice, or somewhere on the north side
of Seine, reasonably close to Les Halles etc. 3 star is enough,
preferrably not much over 100 Euros per night.

Any recommendations? How other people have solved this? (certainly there
are other families visiting Paris and facing the same problem)?

Ike
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:32 AM
Dr. Paul Sanschagrin

In article ,
Ilkka Kangastalo writes:
[...]

You might look into renting an apartment. We rented a studio with a
bed and a sleep-sofa last May from http://www.rentparis.com and we
very pleased. They'll rent for any length of time (i.e., no minimum
stay and priced by the night), but prices get cheaper after 6
days. Some might be somewhat over your EUR 100 budget, but prices are
cheaper for 6 or more nights. (We paid EUR 145, but only stayed 4
nights. If we had stayed for 6 or more, it would have been EUR 129.)
Some of their apartments are listed as up to 4 guests but only three
adults and these seem to be a bit cheaper. We really liked having the
extra room and small dining area for breakfast and late night snacks
and wine.

Enjoy your trip.
--
Paul Sanschagrin
http://staff.uni-marburg.de/~sanschag

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
++ Benjamin Franklin ++
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or
that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.
++ Theodore Roosevelt ++