Stockholm - saunas

Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:28 AM
naughtster

Default Stockholm - saunas

Hi! I am going to Stockholm with my girlfriend at the weekend. Does
anyone have any tips / recommendations re. B&B, things to do, "must
see" attractions etc, and where the best sauna is!! Is it best to
stay in the city centre, or is it cheap and easy to travel in?

Also, how far away is the Skavsta Stockholm(NYO) airport from the city
centre?

Any help gratefully recieved!!

Thanks

Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:23 PM
Hatunen

On 23 Sep 2003 03:28:09 -0700,
(naughtster) wrote:

Hi! I am going to Stockholm with my girlfriend at the weekend. Does
anyone have any tips / recommendations re. B&B, things to do, "must
see" attractions etc, and where the best sauna is!!

Stockholm is easy to get around in, but if you really want saunas
I suggest Helsinki.

Is it best to
stay in the city centre, or is it cheap and easy to travel in?

Getting around Stockholm is quite easy. I can recommend the
Queens Hotel at Drottninggatan 71A. Drottningatan is the
pedestrianized main shopping street adn the hotel is not far from
the Central Station (coach station), easily walkable wven with
some luggage. Drottninggatan extends down into Gamla Stan, the
old town. The hotel has a very nice breakfast atht comes with teh
rooms. See
http://www.queenshotel.se/english.htm

Hard to spot the hotel, though, if you don't know what you're
looking for; it's on the upper levels of a commercial building.
We walked by it once before we noticed it.

Also, how far away is the Skavsta Stockholm(NYO) airport from the city
centre?

Way far away. If flying into Skavsta be sure to get on the
shuttle coach into Stockholm and get a seat as it will be
crowded. Takes well over an hour to the Central Station.