Camping Andalucia in Winter

Old November 26th, 2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack,alt.rec.hiking,rec.backcountry,rec.outdoors.camping,alt.rec.camping
[email protected]

Default Camping Andalucia in Winter

I am planning weeks camping in Andalucia over the winter holidays. If I
hear jingle bells in another store I think I'm going to scream!

I spent a Christmas there in a hotel room a few years back, the weather
seems quite mild and this time my budget (and sense of adventure)
dictates I take my tent. I shall be on foot.

Has anyone done this? If so do you know any good places to camp and do
you have any tips?

Old November 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack,alt.rec.hiking,rec.backcountry,rec.outdoors.camping,alt.rec.camping
harry[_1_]

On 2006-11-26, wrote:
I am planning weeks camping in Andalucia over the winter holidays. If I
hear jingle bells in another store I think I'm going to scream!

I spent a Christmas there in a hotel room a few years back, the weather
seems quite mild and this time my budget (and sense of adventure)
dictates I take my tent. I shall be on foot.

Has anyone done this? If so do you know any good places to camp and do
you have any tips?

I have been trekking & camping hobo-style in Spain for months in
wintertime. Of course you need winter-camping gear for nights, but the
sun is almost always shining. I suggest small alcohol stove, because
you can use the alcool they sell in Cosmetic-shops and Farmacias.
Farmers do not seem to mind use of their frozen field for one-night
camping. Guardia Civil Road Patrol leaves you also alone once they
have checked your passport and understood that you are engaged in some
sort of harmless pilgrimage, and then they undoubtedly track your
progress for mutual safety.

Hi, I use the camping stove that takes the small cylinders, if you walk
into ANY Ferrateria anywhere in Spain,(hardware store) and ask for
"camping GAZ" they will offer you the small cylinders, in orange or
blue.Freecamping in Spain can be real fun, they don't really let you do
it on the beach anymore, but virtually anywhere in land, especially in
the National/Natural Parks seems cool. I love the Sierra nevada
National Park, above Capiliera. The GR7 long distance trali is a great
way to see Andalucia. Have Fun HARRY

Old November 30th, 2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack,alt.rec.hiking,rec.backcountry,rec.outdoors.camping,alt.rec.camping
The Harbinger

Thanks very much indeed for the advice.

I think I'll skip the mountain refujios in winter but I'm keen to camp
now I know that it's possible without alpine equipment.

The Camping Gaz tip is handy. That's the stove I have...
regards,

Robert.