On-line check in - Code share flight

Old June 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Roger Clough

Default On-line check in - Code share flight

I want to check in on-line for a flight which I booked as an American flight, but is
really an Alaskan flight with an American code share. Which website do I go to to check
in on-line - American or Alaska?
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:54 AM
nonomen

Roger Clough wrote:

I want to check in on-line for a flight which I booked as an American flight, but is
really an Alaskan flight with an American code share. Which website do I go to to check
in on-line - American or Alaska?

The website of the airline who has the flight number you booked the ticket under.
Does the ticket say AAnnnn or ASnnn?

Old June 8th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Miss L. Toe

"nonomen" wrote in message

Roger Clough wrote:

I want to check in on-line for a flight which I booked as an American

flight, but is
really an Alaskan flight with an American code share. Which website do

I go to to check
in on-line - American or Alaska?

The website of the airline who has the flight number you booked the ticket

under.
Does the ticket say AAnnnn or ASnnn?

Was that a guess, or do you know that ?

I would have guessed it would be the website of the airline who is actually
operating the flight.
(But I might be wrong).

But going to the wrong website it's a lot less far to travel to the right
one than going to the wrong checkin desk :-)

Old June 8th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Kevin Rhodes

In article , nonomen wrote:

Based strictly on experience with NW, you would go to the website of the
airline that sold you the ticket. Though again, on NW, sometimes you can check
in for codeshares and sometimes you can't. Had a really weird one a couple
weeks ago with a SFO-MSP-CGV-PWM ticket with CVG-PWM on Delta. I was able to
checkin online with NW, and I could see my boarding passes on the screen and
could have printed them out if I had had a printer. But I was at my hotel so I
just checked in and did my seat assignments/upgrades. At the airport, using NW
e-ticket kiosk I was only able to print the NW boarding passes. I had to have
a NW couter person print the DL leg boarding pass. He even said he has seen no
rhyme or reason as to when it works and when it doesn't. Wierd. Other times I
have just plain not been able to checkin online at all for trips with
codeshare segments.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine