Cheap flights to Athens in late Aug?

Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Gilbo

Default Cheap flights to Athens in late Aug?

Hi All,

I'm looking to go to Athens around 31st August and return around 5th
Sept but flights seem to be very expensive at this time of year due to
school holidays.

Has anyone got any good website I can go to and find a late 'deal'?

I live in Milton Keynes so can easily travel to all of the London
Airports or Birmingham or East Mids etc

Thanks for your help!
Gilbo

Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Iceman

"I'm looking to go to Athens around 31st August and return around 5th
Sept but flights seem to be very expensive at this time of year due to
school holidays. Has anyone got any good website I can go to and find
a late 'deal'?"

Hellas Air
Easyjet
trailfinders.co.uk

Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
Gilbo

cool - thanks for the replies - will look at the sites you recommended!

Old August 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM
woody17

Give http://www.foundem.com a try.

It will scan most of the options for you, so if there's a late 'deal'
out there, there's a good chance it will find it.

best of luck,

Alan

Old August 4th, 2005, 04:07 PM
woody17

I'm guessing that this was directed at me Martin?

I just had a look on Foundem.com for 31st Aug to 5th Sep and found a
number of EasyJet flights for GBP 258.80 - what dates were you looking
at?

Alan

Old August 4th, 2005, 04:30 PM
woody17

Interesting...I guess we live and learn, but Gilbo's question was about
flights from the UK to Athens!

So why are you talking about flights from Amsterdam to Athens?

over and out,

Alan

Old August 6th, 2005, 09:01 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Martin wrote:

On 4 Aug 2005 08:30:04 -0700, "woody17"
wrote:

Interesting...I guess we live and learn, but Gilbo's question was about
flights from the UK to Athens!

So why are you talking about flights from Amsterdam to Athens?

Why shouldn't I? You recommended a tool, I checked it against the best
tool I know - Skyscanner . The result wasn't impressive.

Are you saying that it's better than Skyscanner for UK Athens?

It certainly looks like it, for those dates anyway.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net