The Voyager is coming to Galveston!

Old April 15th, 2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default The Voyager is coming to Galveston!

Hi, fans of cruising out of Galveston,

I'm just reading that Royal Caribbean is bringing the Voyager of the Seas to
Galveston for the Winter 2007-08 season. That is great news! The Port of
Galveston is adding new facilities to accommodate the ship. That is great
news, too!

It's been exciting to watch the development of Galveston as a cruise port.
As the passenger numbers grow, and the port authority invests more in
improving facilities, Galveston attracts more cruise lines, and the cruise
lines bring us better ships. It's become hard to pick a ship with several
appealing options by Celebrity, Princess, Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and
NCL is just up the road at the Port of Houston. Well, to backtrack,
Celebrity gave us a try but isn't returning, at least in the next year or
two. I regret we had to cancel our Galaxy cruise--I heard such nice things
about her while she was here. The Galaxy will winter next year in San Juan.
I wonder why Celebrity didn't return her to Galveston?

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old April 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , D Ball
wrote:

The Galaxy will winter next year in San Juan.
I wonder why Celebrity didn't return her to Galveston?

I wonder why they went to Galveston and did not return to Baltimore!

My guess is that Celebrity doesn't have enough ships, they did not
order any for a few years while Royal Caribbean which is the owner has
been ordering new ships. So they are moving an RCI ship to Galveston
like they did with Baltimore because they need homeports for the older
RCI ships while they put the brand new RCI ships in their place at the
major cruise homeports.

--
Charles
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi, Charles, nice to see you. I had totally forgotten we got the Galaxy only
after Celebrity took her away from you. Not nice! At least you sailed her.
Your points about Celebrity's small fleet and RCI's need for port space are
good ones. It's still a bummer, isn't it?!

I am impressed with your cruise pace of late. I see you are still hoping to
make the SGC. Have you done Bermuda before?

Take care,

Diana

Old April 18th, 2006, 02:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , D Ball
wrote:

Hi, Charles, nice to see you. I had totally forgotten we got the Galaxy only
after Celebrity took her away from you. Not nice! At least you sailed her.
Your points about Celebrity's small fleet and RCI's need for port space are
good ones. It's still a bummer, isn't it?!

I liked Galaxy enough to go twice on her out of Baltimore. I have not
done RCI out of Baltimore yet. Maybe if they move a Voyager class ship
to Baltimore someday I would do RCI out of Baltimore.

I am impressed with your cruise pace of late. I see you are still hoping to
make the SGC. Have you done Bermuda before?

My pace has slowed. I was hoping to do a Baltic cruise in June but I
could not get all of the needed vacation time. The SGC is my next
booked cruise but I would like to do another cruise between now and the
SGC. I have been to Bermuda three times.

--
Charles