Please suggest quick Jersey Shore retreat as close to NYC aspossible!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 12th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Brian K

Default Please suggest quick Jersey Shore retreat as close to NYC aspossible!

On 09/10/2003 3:57 PM APLENNY wrote:

Hi, we want to go on a weekend trip to Jersey shore, but need to stay
very close to New York. I heard about places like Asbury Park and
Spring Lake, but I'm thinking about nothernmost spots like Long Branch
or Sea Bright if they have decent beaches (not interested in nightlife
or anything just quiet, nice place). Also would apreciate info about
some lodging in the area in close proximity to the beach (hotels or
motels are fine). Thanks.

Andrew

When are you planning to visit? The season is over now. Many beaches
are unguarded after Labor Day. (September 1)

Asbury Park? It's a slum by the sea which when viewed from some angles
resembles bombed out Baghdad.

Sea Bright? After a good Nor'Easter or the remains of Isobel when she
hits land, will wash all the sand that was pumped up on Sea Bright's
beaches by the Army Corps of Engineers. While air temperatures this
week are a balmy 75F / 22C with a prevailing ENE ocean breeze it's a
little too cool for tanning.

If you are planning for next year, between Memorial Day and Labor Day be
sure to book at least 3 months in advance.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.