Should American's copy France?

Old October 16th, 2003, 12:33 PM
KathyDFrog

Default Should American's copy France?

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/06/pf/work_less/index.htm

The above "Money" magazine link discusses the advantages of French society. A
35 hour work week, 6 weeks vacation and an hourly wage that exceeds Americans.
I've been there and the French seem much happier than Americans.

Old October 16th, 2003, 06:31 PM
SNUMBER6

From: "Ken Vonk"

Do the French Cruise? Or is this germane to this news group.

Only those with polish ...
But they're not rushin' to write a check ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old October 16th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Howard Garland

KathyDFrog wrote:

The above "Money" magazine link discusses the advantages of French society. A
35 hour work week, 6 weeks vacation and an hourly wage that exceeds Americans.
I've been there and the French seem much happier than Americans.

Eat me!

Old October 16th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Howard Garland

Cathy Heidemann wrote:

Where I come from "LOL" means "little old lady."
I haven't been able to make the transition to using expression on the net to
mean "laughing out loud." Every time I see it, I still think "little old
lady."

Cathy

And I have a problem with the term "DH". Every time I see this, I
imagine the user to be a little old lady with lots of lace doilies and
such in her home.

Howard