Overnight parking in Paris near metro

Old August 1st, 2005, 03:52 PM
romi

Default Overnight parking in Paris near metro

Hi

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

Any concrete suggestion higly appreciated.
Thanks a million.

Best regards
Romi

Old August 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Kristian

"romi" wrote:

Hi

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

Any concrete suggestion higly appreciated.
Thanks a million.

Best regards
Romi

Found this in my bookmarks:

http://www.saemes.com/parcs/

The Michelin website might also be usefull.

Kristian
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:48 PM
Earl Evleth

On 1/08/05 16:52, in article
, "romi"
wrote:

Hi

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

A large area of Paris has free street parking in the month of August.
This is stated on the parking meters if the particular area has
free parking.

I see no problem with street parking as long as you avoid keeping valued
things in the car. I have not had my car broken into for years.
There are areas which I would not parking in overnight, largely in the
poorer areas of Paris. Next, the metros are so widely spaces that you'd
have no problem finding a parking place within a block of a metro line.

Just to suggest our area, near the metro St. Placide, the streets between
Cherche-Midi and Vaugirard are, Abbe Gregroire, Rue J. F. Gerbillon, Regis
and Berite. Parking is easy to come by in the morning or late afternoons.
Parking along Cherche-Midi between St. Placide and Montparnasse is also
free in the summer. Rue St Placide is paid parking all year along, however.
Use a side street.

You are coming down from Belgium and most of this districts outside
the city to the North (Aubervillier and Saint Denis) are the
areas I would not want to leave my car! I would advise coming into
Paris and parking in a residential area of the 5th, 6th, or 7th
arrondissement.

Old August 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Alan \(in Brussels\)

"romi" a écrit dans le message de
oups.com...
Hi

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

See: http://www.stif-idf.fr/voyager/parc_relais/index.html for details of
all car parks (free - gratuit - and paying) near rail stations in the
Ile-de-France area. The interactive station list
http://www.stif-idf.fr/voyager/parc_...cces-stif.html is only in
French, but the data is presented in a simple way. But the best way to start
is with the map at:
http://www.stif-idf.fr/voyager/parc_...ais%202003.pdf
BTW, The STIF-IDF site has links to a lot of other relevant information on
travel facilities in and around Paris.

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old August 1st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Runge

at last evleth answers a travel question
First time for a long long time
Alleluia

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de news:
On 1/08/05 16:52, in article
, "romi"

Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:50 AM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

romi wrote:

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

Forget about parking in the suburbs. From Barcelona, you'll be arriving
on the A6, which last exit before Paris is Orly airport / Rungis, and
frankly, you'll spend the night driving in the maze before ou can find a
RER station...

So I'd advise you to do as following:

- book a hotel in the Latin Quarter.

- Upon arrival in Paris, after you pass Orly airport, there is a fork on
the motorway with 2 branches: A6a going to Porte d'Orléans and A6b going
to Porte d'Italie. Follow the *A6a* "Paris-Porte d'Orléans".

- So now you're in Paris! Welcome!

- On exiting the motorway on the 25-April-1944 square, head straight on
the Avenue du Général Leclerc. Follow the white signing
"DENFERT-ROCHEREAU".

- Go through Denfert Rochereau square. Keppe on following straight
ahead. You'll cross the Bld du Montparnasse and engage onto Bld Saint
Michel.

- Once at the Gare du Luembourg, turn right on the Soufflot street.

- The Pantheon is in front of you, young girls everywhere, it's Paris,
it's fantastic.

- There's an underground monitored park on the Soufflot street if you
want. Or you can leave your car in the markings around the Pantheon.

Then enjoy Paris!

To head for Brussels,

- go down the Soufflot street, turn right on the Bld Saint-Michel

- keep going straight ahead: pass the river Seine, the Cité island, the
Châtelet square, engage the Sébastopol and Strasbourg boulevards until
you arrive at Gare de l'Est,

- follow the signing "PORTE DE LA CHAPELLE": just head slightly on the
left then turn right,

- follow the Saint-Denis then the Chapelle street until Porte de la
Chapelle,

- and there begins the motorway to Brussels.

Happy driving!

S.
--
remplacez "lesptt" par "laposte" pour me joindre
substitute "laposte" to "lesptt" to reach me
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
Tom Peel

Runge wrote:

at last evleth answers a travel question
First time for a long long time
Alleluia

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de news:

On 1/08/05 16:52, in article
s.com, "romi"
wrote:

[...]

I think he means he's coming from Valencia, Spain and heading towards
Belgium.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:59 AM
romi

Hi

Thank you for all the hints. Just to clarify. I'll be coming from
Brussles A2/A1 highway. No Spain at this time
Best regards

Romi

Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
Juan-Elorza

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:52:37 -0700, romi wrote*:

Hi

Can you please recommend me where can I park the car near metro
station.
I don't mind street parking as long as it is safe or pay few EUR more
for monitored car park.
I'll be staying from Sat 1pm till Sun 10pm in August. I'm coming from
Valencia (Belgium direction) and I'm going to book a hotel in a city
centre, leaving the car outside. I don't know what metro station would
suit best.

Any concrete suggestion higly appreciated.
Thanks a million.

Best regards
Romi

Traffic and parking in Paris in august is not as bad as usual.
Else you have Vinci :
http://www.vincipark.com/appli/wvncp...dex_paris.html

--
Passent les jours et passent les semaines
Ni temps passé