How much (£) should i budget for this trip?

Old August 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:07:12 GMT, the renowned "Rubber Ducky"
wrote:

Last time I looked, a link from the LP website gave online price
quotes for all kinds of bizarre itineraries. You might want to look
carefully at the routing, it can suggest more efficient routes to
you-- for example, if you're forced to backtrack or to go via Europe
you might want to incorporate that part of the world in your trip at
that juncture.

LP website???

Sorry, Lonely Planet. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Frank Slootweg

"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" kirjoitti
l...
"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" kirjoitti
l...
"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:
[much deleted]
And naturally we are bound to ascii.

See my posting about Outlook Express, earlier today. Also your "From:"
line is not properly encoded (the 'o' with double-dot on top should be
encoded, but isn't).

All terminals interpret characters one way or another. "Properly" here is
something most subjective.

No, it isn't. That is why MIME, ISO 8859/X, etc. were invented. If you
properly encode, then anyone with a MIME compliant newsreader can

so, it goes as I say above. I don't give a **** about this protocol.

And we (TINW) don't care about your opinion. Only standards are
relevant.

properly display the 'o' with double-dot on top, provided of course that
the display device can respresent that symbol.

So why don't you just change the setting? Do you *want* to make it
difficult/impossible for people to see the proper spelling of your
name?

No I don't.

(You may not *want* to,) But you *do*.

May I suggest you speak Spanish from now on? After all, why "give a
**** about this protocol"?

Anyway, two out of three (and perhaps some silent ones) isn't too bad.
Old August 29th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Markku Grönroos

"Frank Slootweg" kirjoitti
l...

So why don't you just change the setting? Do you *want* to make it
difficult/impossible for people to see the proper spelling of your
name?

No I don't.

(You may not *want* to,) But you *do*.

May I suggest you speak Spanish from now on? After all, why "give a
**** about this protocol"?

Anyway, two out of three (and perhaps some silent ones) isn't too bad.

Do you have a health problem? By all means consult an able shrink. My name
is shown quite correctly to most and for those it isn't, it doesn't matter.
Now, bugger off.

Old August 29th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Alan S

On 28 Aug 2005 15:57:59 GMT, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

Well, *my* "Newsgroups:" header/list (also) says "rec.travel.asia"!
What about yours? :-) I.e. this is not the UK or Europe or "western
countries".

Frank, on my cross-posted copy of your post, which I saw via
rte, it says:

rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.travel .europe

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old August 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Patrick Wallace

Try www.germanwings.com, changing at Cologne/Bonn. Somewhere around
£70 one way - could be a lot less depending on dates and times.

PJW

On 28 Aug 2005 15:01:40 +0100, Des Small
wrote:

"Rubber Ducky" writes:

OK, i've kinda priced it up and this is what i've come up with:

UK (Birmingham) - GERMANY (Munich)
BHX - MUC, Flight cost £400)

It's significantly less than that at the moment: I just booked it for
about 190 GBP direct with Lufthansa. It was 40 GBP cheaper with KLM
via Schipol, but it was also twice as long and it involved KLM which
frankly I can live without.

Where are you getting your prices? I used Expedia, which may be an
improvement on your source.

Des

Old August 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Frank Slootweg

"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" kirjoitti
l...

Silent snipping. How predictable.

So why don't you just change the setting? Do you *want* to make it
difficult/impossible for people to see the proper spelling of your
name?

No I don't.

(You may not *want* to,) But you *do*.

May I suggest you speak Spanish from now on? After all, why "give a
**** about this protocol"?

Anyway, two out of three (and perhaps some silent ones) isn't too bad.

Do you have a health problem? By all means consult an able shrink.

Please, no projections.

My name is shown quite correctly to most

Considering the Newsgroups:, quite unlikely.

and for those it isn't, it doesn't matter.

What matters to other people is not for you to determine.

Now, bugger off.

In your dreams! If you don't want to read what people write, then
don't or use a killfile.
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Frank Slootweg

wrote:

Well, *my* "Newsgroups:" header/list (also) says "rec.travel.asia"!
What about yours? :-) I.e. this is not the UK or Europe or "western
countries".

Frank, on my cross-posted copy of your post, which I saw via
rte, it says:

rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.travel .europe

Hi, Alan. I know. That is why I said "(also)". But I could have worded
it more clearly. What I meant is that the *people* who read these groups
are not limited to the *character set* which is common in "western
countries" (see my example of a Polish person in London). Anyway, the
"asia" bit was rather evident, so I pointed to that.
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Frank Slootweg" kirjoitti
l...

My name is shown quite correctly to most

Considering the Newsgroups:, quite unlikely.

So you are barmy then. You can study the case and let the crossposted groups
to know the result.

and for those it isn't, it doesn't matter.

What matters to other people is not for you to determine.

It definitely is none of your business how do I broadcast my name in public.
I use a generic and widely used method to do so. I can do so without
consulting an odd Dutchman. You have lost a few marbles from your head.

Now, bugger off.

In your dreams! If you don't want to read what people write, then
don't or use a killfile.

Nice sentence. Nice sentence. I suppose in your case many have taken the
required steps already. However, I strongly suggest that you will masturbate
somewhere else and get your head examined. Healthcare in Holland is
rigorously subsidized, so it shouldn't be too expensive either. Let your
doctor to reassemble the required spare parts. Everybody would win. You
would benefit the most.

Old August 29th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Frank Slootweg

"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:

[all deleted]

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html
Old August 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Frank Slootweg wrote:

"Markku Gr?nroos" wrote:

[all deleted]

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

Ho-ho! You think he's been abusive? Just wait 'til he starts hitting the
Finlandia! Check the google archives, and you'll get an idea.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
photos at http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer