Compare Luang Prabang to Chaing Mai....???

Old October 29th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Per Löwdin

Default pathetic

Bah, pathetic

Old October 29th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Mort

Default Compare Luang Prabang to Chaing Mai....???

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:13:53 GMT, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I've been to Chaing Mai two years ago...I absolutely loved it...

.I plan on returning to Thailand in early March & thinking of a side trip to
Laos.

Does Luang Prabang offer activities similar to Chaing Mai?
(Hill Tribe Treks, Elephant & Raft expeditions, Great Markets? Motor bike
rental?)

How would you compare the two cities?

Luang Prabang is completely different from Chiang Mai. It is very
peaceful, much less developed than Chiang Mai and luckily there are no
motorbikes for rent, elephant rides and raft expeditions. Only a
peaceful town full of stunning temples and a royal palace.
--

Alfred Molon
------------------------------

Err.. actually you can easily rent a motorcycle or have a river trip
at Luang Prabang. Despite being far smaller than CM, it's very
touristy.
From an architectural viewpoint, there is some resemblance between
Northern Thailand and Luang Prabang. Some painted wats (temples) are
really beautiful!

Regards,
Mort
Old November 29th, 2003, 07:35 PM
SportChick

Chiang Mai is wonderful, but so is Luang Prabang. It is, however, quite
different in character. It is considered the cultural capital of Laos.
There is a lot to do there (including renting motorbikes...which we did to
get to the Kuang Xi waterfall -- awesome!), but expect it to be different.
Otherwise, what's the point in going. It is a much smaller town, but with
lots of character and lots to do: http://www.kirkanddonna.com/rtw/Laos.htm

Enjoy!

Donna
http://www.KirkandDonna.com/

"NYCutler" wrote in message
I've been to Chaing Mai two years ago...I absolutely loved it...

.I plan on returning to Thailand in early March & thinking of a side trip

Laos.

Does Luang Prabang offer activities similar to Chaing Mai?
(Hill Tribe Treks, Elephant & Raft expeditions, Great Markets? Motor bike
rental?)

How would you compare the two cities?

THanks!!!

Old November 30th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Dennis

Go to the Mala Travel Agency in Luang Phrabang and ask about trekking
in the hills. We did three days. No creature comforts but very
highly recommended.

Dennis and Paula