Do men really want a wife like June Cleaver.

Old September 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Do men really want a wife like June Cleaver.

There has been, and probably always will be, endless debate over what
is a good wife. There is

this article, supposedly from a May 1955 Housekeeping Monthly
magazine, that speaks directly

to this question. There are other sources as well that speak on the
issue. One is from

Aristotle, another is this one about "Do men really want a wife like
June Cleaver." They bring

up some very good points.

source : http://www.goodwife.com/

It is one of those questions that heats up each side of the debate and
truly has a different

answer for each man. What do you want in a wife? Beauty? Brains?
Charm? Home and family

oriented? Strong willed? Independent? Docile? If you write out a list
of the ten things that

you must have in your life partner what would they be? Only you can
decide the answers to this

question.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge4

What a very good question and thanks ever so much for arising it just here !
Another one would be how can donna evleth and earl evleth bear each other,
as very few people can bear any of them 2.
How does mrs martin bear the funny jokes at home every day, how does mr
morrow (not greg, his husband) gets along when his pal is out again at the
24 hr sexshop, how does granny vogtgamble tries to post OT every single
time...and succeeds !
How do all these people condoned by a trucker so called king and a few
others manages to introduce so much crap, spam and the like
How does nickname changer michaelnewport manage to utter a few words in real
life, between 2 copy pastes
and why oh why are anglo saxon apatrids so obnoxious, at least those who
infest this group
Yeah I know leaking plonks and the rest
Anyway who's June Cleaver ?

ups.com...

Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 01:28:02 +0200, "Scrunge4"
wrote:

Anyway who's June Cleaver ?

Mother to Wally and the Beav and wife of Ward.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge4

Ummmm unknown celebrities
Oh well grazie anyway
Take off the s, my people have nothing against you

Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

Dude, it's a cultural reference. They were TV characters; June was
held to be the quintessential American wife and mother. Of course, it
was all fiction. Nowadays comsidered campy.

From Wikipedia: "Leave It to Beaver is an iconic American television
situation comedy about an idealized American family of the 1950s and
early 1960s. It stars Barbara Billingsley, Hugh Beaumont, Tony Dow and
Jerry Mathers ("as The Beaver", as the opening credits put it). CBS
first aired the show on October 4, 1957, but decided to drop it within
a year. ABC picked it up and ran it for another five years, from
October 2, 1958 to June 20, 1963."

Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andrés Manuel López

On 3 Sep, 02:20, (Carole Allen) wrote:
Dude, it's a cultural reference. They were TV characters; June was
held to be the quintessential American wife and mother. Of course, it
was all fiction. Nowadays comsidered campy.

From Wikipedia: "Leave It to Beaver is an iconic American television

wrote:

Anyway who's June Cleaver ?

Mother to Wally and the Beav and wife of Ward.

ignore the ratboy, it doesnt understand google........

Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel[_5_]

Andrés Manuel López schrieb:
On 3 Sep, 02:20, (Carole Allen) wrote:
Dude, it's a cultural reference. They were TV characters; June was
held to be the quintessential American wife and mother. Of course, it
was all fiction. Nowadays comsidered campy.

From Wikipedia: "Leave It to Beaver is an iconic American television

wrote:
Anyway who's June Cleaver ?
Mother to Wally and the Beav and wife of Ward.

ignore the ratboy, it doesnt understand google........

I was going to ask the same question as Grunge, but I resisted
temptation and googled instead... so uhh, has this posting been trapped
in an internet timewarp for the past 50 years, or has something
significant happened in the universe recently that makes June Cleaver a
topic of burning interest for R.T.E in the year 2007?

T.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:14:33 +0200, Martin
wrote:

There should have been a health warning before you made me google.
Is June Cleaver a synonym for 1950s woman?

Yes, in the USA. The TV character was most notable for always
wearing a dress, even when doing housework, and for always
wearing a string of pearls.

I'm finidng it surprisingly difficult to find a photo of her.

Barbara Billingsly, the actress who played June Cleaver, had an
ironic cameo appearance in the movie "Airplane!" as the
housewifely passenger who knew how to talk Black jive.

Old September 4th, 2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

There should have been a health warning before you made me google.
Is June Cleaver a synonym for 1950s woman?

Yes, in the USA. The TV character was most notable for always
wearing a dress, even when doing housework,

Although "slacks" came into fashion for casual outdoor wear
(such as picnics) in the 1930's, most women were still
wearing "housedresses" for housework well into the the end
of the century. In fact some women still do. (They call
them something different - the term escapes me - but they
are definitely skirts, not trousers or shorts.)
Old September 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_1_]

Martin wrote:

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:01:46 +0200, Tom Peel wrote:
Andrés Manuel López schrieb:
On 3 Sep, 02:20, (Carole Allen) wrote:
Dude, it's a cultural reference. They were TV characters; June was
held to be the quintessential American wife and mother. Of course, it
was all fiction. Nowadays comsidered campy.

From Wikipedia: "Leave It to Beaver is an iconic American television

wrote:
Anyway who's June Cleaver ?
Mother to Wally and the Beav and wife of Ward.

ignore the ratboy, it doesnt understand google........

I was going to ask the same question as Grunge, but I resisted
temptation and googled instead... so uhh, has this posting been trapped
in an internet timewarp for the past 50 years, or has something
significant happened in the universe recently that makes June Cleaver a
topic of burning interest for R.T.E in the year 2007?

There should have been a health warning before you made me google.
Is June Cleaver a synonym for 1950s woman?

The archetypical middle - class "perfect housewife"...hubby was in
advertising, they had a nice house on a nice street, a kitchen with
the newest and biggest fridge...and they always drove Plymouths.

Acutally, the humour in the old _Leave It To Beaver_ TV show (1957 -
1963) was pretty funny in the later years, lots of "raised eyebrows"
and ironic little touches, funny characters. It still holds up
well...

[Bridget Bardot made a racy movie version of _Leave It To Beaver_,
IIRC it was titled, "My Lips Are The Softest Bed"...that's what Magda
told me anyways... :-) ]

--
Best
Greg