Hotels in Las Vegas

Old October 24th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Wallbanger

Default Hotels in Las Vegas

I don't know what the quality is like but the Stratosphere has the cheapest
rooms for 2 people that I have found on the net ( I have to find a room fro
4 people)

They were about US$20 +tax

HT

"Shawn" wrote in message
My wife want to go to Las Vegas for the first time this winter. Our

primary
purpose is to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio and possibly
"Mystere" at Treasure Island.

We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to

find
any.

Never having been to Las Vegas, I wouldn't know a good hotel from a bad

one.
I keep hearing that you can get great deals on hotels in Vegas - that they
offer these phenomenal rates and packages to get you there to gamble, but

can't seem to find these deals.

I was hoping people could recommend "good" and "clean" hotels that don't
cost an arm and a leg, on or near the strip.

Thanks -- Shawn

Old October 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Go Fig

In article , Shawn
wrote:

My wife want to go to Las Vegas for the first time this winter. Our primary
purpose is to see Cirque du Soleil's "O"

Superb !!

at the Bellagio and possibly
"Mystere"

Yawn.....

at Treasure Island.

We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to find
any.

Never having been to Las Vegas, I wouldn't know a good hotel from a bad one.
I keep hearing that you can get great deals on hotels in Vegas - that they
offer these phenomenal rates and packages to get you there to gamble, but I
can't seem to find these deals.

I was hoping people could recommend "good" and "clean" hotels that don't
cost an arm and a leg, on or near the strip.

Have a look at the Imperial Palace, center of The Strip, ask for a room
on the 15th floor and you'll have a balcony view of the Strip.

jay
Sun Oct 24, 2004

Thanks -- Shawn

Old October 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM
JamesStep

I was hoping people could recommend "good"
and "clean" hotels that don't cost an arm and
a leg, on or near the strip.

A real good source of advice on Vegas hotels is the
Cheapo Vegas site:

cheapovegas.com

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old October 25th, 2004, 12:09 AM
TheNewsGuy

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:35:19 +0800, "Wallbanger"
wrote:

I don't know what the quality is like but the Stratosphere has the cheapest
rooms for 2 people that I have found on the net

I stayed there - inexpensive, good value, clean, acceptable room but
not luxury. BUT too far away from the main part of the strip to walk
comfortably. We had a rental car so it was not a major problem but I
would not stay there again just to save a few dollars.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Peter L

"Shawn" wrote in message
My wife want to go to Las Vegas for the first time this winter. Our

primary
purpose is to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio and possibly
"Mystere" at Treasure Island.

We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to

find
any.

Have you checked those hotels' own web sites? If you go at low seasons and
during weekdays you can often find deals.

Old October 25th, 2004, 05:16 PM
kassa

"Shawn" wrote in message ...
We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to find
any.

Treasure Island is far more affordable of these two --
they have $69/79 specials running pretty often for the next few
months. Note that usually these prices don't include taxes, so add
another $10-$15. Sunday-Thursday are always going to be the best
rates.

http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/...omspecials.asp

December is traditionally a cheap month in Las Vegas, but beware that
many shows take their vacation then, so be sure the shows you want to
see will be on the days you're there. This website's a good place to
start checking out what's going on

http://www.vegasfreedom.com/do/index.jsp

Christmas to New Year's Eve is usually busy, the week starting Jan 2
usually pretty dead.

Bellagio's wonderful if you can afford it. I personally love the
Mirage. But if you're budget conscious, Treasure Island is the next
best thing in terms of location and price. Imperial Palace is a dump.
It may be a worthwhile place to stay if you're there to gamble and
never see the room, but if it's your first visit, go a little nicer.
You can always scale down in future trips, but I'm afraid you might be
soured on the whole experience if you start out at a dump.

Off strip also provides some good alternatives -- Orleans is usually
well received (Rio used to be, but a lot of complaining lately, and
I've always found Orleans more user friendly). You'd have to drive to
the strip or take shuttles if you didn't have a car.

kassa
Old October 26th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Shawn" wrote:

My wife want to go to Las Vegas for the first time this winter. Our primary
purpose is to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio and possibly
"Mystere" at Treasure Island.

We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to find
any.

Never having been to Las Vegas, I wouldn't know a good hotel from a bad one.
I keep hearing that you can get great deals on hotels in Vegas - that they
offer these phenomenal rates and packages to get you there to gamble, but I
can't seem to find these deals.

I was hoping people could recommend "good" and "clean" hotels that don't
cost an arm and a leg, on or near the strip.

Shawn, it would help a lot if you identified your price range and your
travel dates. Room rates vary widely in Las Vegas based on travel dates,
including day of week. Cheap is also a relative term. That being said,
check out the Excalibur. You can find deals via the Excalibur's web site
for around $70 per night. I have stayed at the Excalibur several times
and I find it is one of the more reasonably priced hotels on the Las
Vegas Strip and its clean and well managed. Its a bit of a walk to the
Mirage, but those who do not mind can easily walk the distance from the
Mirage or Treasure Island to the Excalibur in about half an hour.

You might also try posting your question on the alt.vacation.las-vegas
newsgroup, but be sure to include the dates you plan to visit Las
Vegas and your price range.
Old October 26th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Shawn wrote:
My wife want to go to Las Vegas for the first time this winter. Our primary
purpose is to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio and possibly
"Mystere" at Treasure Island.

We can't really afford to stay 3 or 4 nights at the Bellagio or Treasure
Island unless they have promotions running, and I haven't been able to find
any.

When a friend and I needed to spend one night in Las Vegas on our
way elsewhere so that we could see "O", we stayed across from the
Bellagio at Bally's. Now mind you, across the street still meant
a 20-minute walk to get all the way back to the theater at the
Bellagio. But still, it was convenient.

Patty