European wine hyperbole

Old May 4th, 2005, 06:31 PM
The Reids

Following up to Hatunen

'At a recent tasting a man inhaled deeply and proclaimed: “I’m getting
Brazilian woman.”'

I shudder to think what she did with the wine.

Or was it the bottle?
I rather dislike all that balls. wine comes in a much lesser
range of flavours than food, so why do we need all this nonsense.
Tell us if its oaky, fruity, crisp etc then resist the temptation
to talk about "are you getting plimpsoles?" The thread is called
"european hyperbole", do you not get this old nonsense outside
Europe? In fact do you get it across Europe? You certainly do get
it in UK although plenty of people here laugh at it.

Er, what was the wine that smells of Brazillian women? A friend
is interested.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Hatunen

Default European wine hyperbole

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...589871,00.html

Old May 4th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

'At a recent tasting a man inhaled deeply and proclaimed: ?I?m getting
Brazilian woman.?'

I think he should get treatment instead.

Old May 4th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Mxsmanic

Hatunen writes:

I shudder to think what she did with the wine.

White wine is easy to confuse with other liquids.

Old May 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM
BB

On Wed, 04 May 2005 18:31:17 +0100, The Reids wrote:

Tell us if its oaky, fruity, crisp etc then resist the temptation
to talk about "are you getting plimpsoles?" The thread is called
"european hyperbole", do you not get this old nonsense outside
Europe?

Its happening more and more as reasonably decent wine is becoming
affordable. People hear grandiose terms being attributed to wines, and
assume that the point is to come up with the most grandiose terms.

Some of the official terms are bizarre enough...I belive "wet dog" is
actually one of them.

Er, what was the wine that smells of Brazillian women? A friend
is interested.

I'm still trying to figure out if thats a good thing or a bad thing (and
trying to hold back comparisons with "wet dog")!

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Keith Anderson

On Wed, 04 May 2005 18:40:04 +0200, nitram wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...589871,00.html

'At a recent tasting a man inhaled deeply and proclaimed: “I’m getting
Brazilian woman.”'

Mixendorfer Stierscheiße Riesling Spätlese 2005

With a heady aftertaste of rodent and bovine excrement, this aromatic
late-picked wine from Germany's Schweingau combines both pedantry and
persistence. With a subtle hint of styrofoam container, the wine
should be served as an accompaniment to Happy Meals.

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies

Old May 4th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Juliana L Holm

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Hatunen

'At a recent tasting a man inhaled deeply and proclaimed: “I’m getting
Brazilian woman.”'

I shudder to think what she did with the wine.

Or was it the bottle?
I rather dislike all that balls. wine comes in a much lesser
range of flavours than food, so why do we need all this nonsense.
Tell us if its oaky, fruity, crisp etc then resist the temptation
to talk about "are you getting plimpsoles?" The thread is called
"european hyperbole", do you not get this old nonsense outside
Europe? In fact do you get it across Europe? You certainly do get
it in UK although plenty of people here laugh at it.

I live in Virginia, and in our state we have a rather interesting wine
industry, and we definitely get that here. Watch the movie "Sideways" which
occurs in California. . . . .
--
Julie
**********

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Juliana L Holm

BB wrote:

Its happening more and more as reasonably decent wine is becoming
affordable. People hear grandiose terms being attributed to wines, and
assume that the point is to come up with the most grandiose terms.

Some of the official terms are bizarre enough...I belive "wet dog" is
actually one of them.

Not to mention that whiff of "petrol" in your Riesling.

Julie

--
Julie
**********

Old May 4th, 2005, 09:10 PM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 04 May 2005 18:31:17 +0100, The Reids
wrote:

Following up to Hatunen

Er, what was the wine that smells of Brazillian women? A friend
is interested.

What does your "friend" want to do with it? Splash it on an inflatable
companion?
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Hatunen

On Wed, 4 May 2005 18:57:00 +0000 (UTC), BB
wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2005 18:31:17 +0100, The Reids wrote:

Tell us if its oaky, fruity, crisp etc then resist the temptation
to talk about "are you getting plimpsoles?" The thread is called
"european hyperbole", do you not get this old nonsense outside
Europe?

Its happening more and more as reasonably decent wine is becoming
affordable. People hear grandiose terms being attributed to wines, and
assume that the point is to come up with the most grandiose terms.

Some of the official terms are bizarre enough...I belive "wet dog" is
actually one of them.

I think I've had a sip of that wine. But just one.