PA Goober meets Miami Bubba

Old September 20th, 2003, 09:52 PM
George Leppla

Default PA Goober meets Miami Bubba

Well, I dodged Hurricane Isabel and made it out of Philadelphia on time.
Except for a brief shower this afternoon, the weather has been beautiful.

Lots of Carnival Goobers and Goobettes are already here at the Holiday Inn,
Marina Park. Eddie Burrk and the Cognotos are here. Lori Kowalski, Steve
Sykes, Grant and Cindy Simon, Dick and Irene Proulx, Milt and Arlene Lapoff
and a whole bunch more have checked in today.

Tonight is the Bon Voyage Dinner and we are having it in the Bayside
Marketplace at Bubba Gump's seafood restaurant. That's right... Goober Grok
meets Bubba Gump! The trick will be to see if Bubba has enough shrimp to
keep this SSTA Goober happy! vbg

On a sad note, last night I was informed that one of our couples had to
cancel becaue of health problems. Fortunately, they did buy trip insurance
so at least the money is covered... but I am disappointed that I won't get
to meet these new old friends for the first time.

Trip insurance... you just never know when you are going to need it.

Tomorrow we board the Paradise!!!!!

George from PA, in Miami

PS: I see some discussion about the GGC2004 and IMHO, that is a good thing.
I have not booked it yet as I have some scheduling concerns, but I believe
that I will be calling Peter Berlin soon and reserving my cabin. Although I
have been the travel agent for 2 GGC cruises, if I get to go, this one will
be my 5th GGC cruise... and I have had a ball on every one of them. I have
no problem buying a cruise from another travel agent when it means that I
get to travel and have fun with my friends.

Old September 20th, 2003, 10:49 PM
villa deauville

George,
I am so sorry I will miss you all this trip. Have some extra shrimp for
me and say hullo to the gang

SUNNY.........wishes you calm seas and warm gentle breezes

S'nd I

Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:06 AM
Jean O'Boyle

Have a great time, George!
Get back safely to finalize our South American cruise!
See you onboard for the GGC2004 cruise!

--Jean