what's twin private (backpacker accomodation)

Old November 24th, 2003, 03:07 PM
karl

Default what's twin private (backpacker accomodation)

Hi friends,
I am looking at backpacker accomodation in Melbourne and had some
doubts, so help me please. I wanted to know what twin private room
means and if the rate is $69 then does it mean per person or for the
room, will it have a double bed etc. I guess ensuite means attached
bathroom? is'nt it?
Do u people have any good suggestions for good accomodation for me,
wifey and kid, since I have to look for a job, preferably close to CBD
& transportation.

Anyone ever have experience with Lords Lodge Backpackers, Melbourne,
Australia. They are in South Yarra. Rates look good too.

Or will I be better off taking a hotel. I was thinking backpacker's
because hotels lack kitchen services, still, all this is first time
for me so I have no idea,any suggestions?
Thanks
Karl
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:48 PM
AlmostBob

Twin= 2 single beds
Private, the door locks
room rate is the rate for the ROOM, hence the name
ensuite means bathroom yes

m...

Old November 25th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Paul

I stayed at http://www.hotelclaremont.com/. It was a great deal and right
next to the South Yarra Station.

Paul
http://www.outbackpaul.com/australia2002/index.shtml

Old November 25th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Anette

"karl"
Hi friends,
Do u people have any good suggestions for good accomodation for me,
wifey and kid, since I have to look for a job, preferably close to CBD
& transportation.

Or will I be better off taking a hotel. I was thinking backpacker's
because hotels lack kitchen services, still, all this is first time
for me so I have no idea,any suggestions?
Thanks
Karl

You might be better off with serviced apartments/holiday apartments. Hotel
rates, but with full kitchen fac.(often own laundry too) daily or weekly
housekeeping. If you commit to monthly rental, you should be able to get a
good deal - even in Melbourne. Do a few searches on the net.

Anette

Old November 25th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Tony Mac

"Anette" wrote in message
"karl"
Hi friends,
Do u people have any good suggestions for good accomodation for me,
wifey and kid, since I have to look for a job, preferably close to CBD
& transportation.

Or will I be better off taking a hotel. I was thinking backpacker's
because hotels lack kitchen services, still, all this is first time
for me so I have no idea,any suggestions?
Thanks
Karl

You might be better off with serviced apartments/holiday apartments.

Hotel
rates, but with full kitchen fac.(often own laundry too) daily or weekly
housekeeping. If you commit to monthly rental, you should be able to get a
good deal - even in Melbourne. Do a few searches on the net.

We stayed for a week in the Easystay Raglan St (www.easystay.com.au). It's
a 10 minute walk from Balaclava Station, which is a bit of a pain, but not a
big problem - there are plenty of trains.

It was a one-bedroom apartment, with sofabed in the lounge, TV, kitchen,
bathroom, phone etc. Much more comfortable than a backpackers, and around
the same price (about $65 a night for the room). I booked through
http://www.ratestogo.com.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:36 AM
Mr Black \(please remove SPAMBLOCK from address if

Lords Lodge is on a very busy main road and not really near anything. (in my
opinion)
If South Yarra (upmarket inner city burb) is your choice, then i would say
hotel claremont is your best budget option. Awesome location !
Otherwise, in the north of the city (north melbourne) the HI Queenberry Hill
( i think its called) is a great backpackers.

MrB.

"karl" wrote in message
[...]

---