Grand Circle Travel

Old September 21st, 2003, 05:56 PM
Wanderingjew698

Default Grand Circle Travel

Subject: Grand Circle Travel

y.com!prodigy.com!logbridge.uoregon.edu!pln-w!spln!dex!extra.newsguy.com!n
ewsp.newsguy.com!drn
From: JoeCruiser
Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 8 Sep 2003 13:11:21 -0700

In article , bea
says...

Has anyone here used this agency? If so, was it a reliable agency, and
did you enjoy your cruise? I have received a brochure from them and
their advertisement seems enticing. Thanks for any info.

We have booked two different trips with Grand Circle, an agency formerly
connected with AARP. Both were handled extremely efficiently and
courteously,
and we were given an additional discount by paying cash up front, and earned
"credits" for future travel with them. In fact, as our first booking with
them
was to be an Egypt tour and cruise, and before the trip the violence against
some tourists broke out, we switched to another itinerary with no additional
charges whatsoever.

Highly recommend this Boston agency!

I had nothing but trouble with this agency I booked a Spain. Vacation they
canceled the trip 2 days b4 . I rebooked the vacation then theytokk away most
meals for a100 price drop then asked for money back
Old September 21st, 2003, 06:58 PM
DDupin

In the current issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine, there's mention of Grand
Circle Travel in the Ombudsman's column. A couple of people were very unhappy
with a European tour they took. The couple were looking forward to a 6-day stop
in Gstaad, Switzerland, but Grand Circle failed to notify them that they
changed the itinerary, substituting some remote village instead.
The couple didn't find out until they were already in Europe on the first leg
of their trip, although GC had made the change before the trip began. Grand
Circle didn't offer them much in way of recompense. It might be worth reading
the article, so you'll know what to be wary of.

2292.public.lawson.webtv.net, bea

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:00 PM
Surfer E2468

We keep getting offers from "GRAND CIRCLE,but all the good offers are
for mostly times you would not want to travel to ,for example ,spain in
jan.& feb.or rome in jan.
pocomount

Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:15 PM
Port44

We keep getting offers from "GRAND CIRCLE,but all the good offers are
for mostly times you would not want to travel to ,for example ,spain in
jan.& feb.or rome in jan.

We have found the weather in Jan & Feb. on the Costa Del Sol in Spain very
spring like...Much better than the cold northeast...Very litle rain and most
days you can wear shorts and T-shirts.