Renting, Vietnam, Thailand

Old February 7th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Martin Harris

Default Renting, Vietnam, Thailand

I am thinking of renting a house for a three - six month period. Using
this as a base to travel to Vietnam, China and other bits of Asia.

Some Q's if anyone can help.

1. Where would be a well connected but interesting place. i.e not a
large city but not the middle of nowhere either. Needs an airport but
local would do. Train and road should also be reasonable.

2. How much ($) should I expect as a monthly two bed flat rental in a
reasonable area?

Any other tips or web addresses welcome. Just post here as others might
find it a useful thread.
Old February 15th, 2004, 08:08 PM
aimee

I am thinking of renting a house for a three - six month period. Using
this as a base to travel to Vietnam, China and other bits of Asia.

1. Where would be a well connected but interesting place. i.e not a
large city but not the middle of nowhere either. Needs an airport but
local would do. Train and road should also be reasonable.

2. How much ($) should I expect as a monthly two bed flat rental in a
reasonable area?

Hanoi would seem to fit the requirements perfectly. A city, but a
small one and plenty to see and do. It’s also pretty close to
China and of course has bus, plane, train stations. Renting somewhere
to live in Hanoi is not difficult. Sure it takes a bit of your time
but there are plenty of places out there. Price wise, in a decent part
of the city, for a 2 bedroom house with garden, fully furnished, cable
TV, hot water etc. you are looking at around $300 a month. If
you’re looking for something cheaper then word of mouth is the
best way. Just start asking everyone you bump into. I did and was
surprised at the amount of feedback I got. At the other end of the
scale, if you fancy a old refurbished French Villa looking out onto
one of Hanoi’s many lakes you’ll find it…and pay for
it. Two popular estate agents are E homes, located on the bottom floor
of Hanoi Towers and Action Real Estate at 32 Hai Ba Trung. The only
problem you may have is the length of your stay, most people and
agencies like to rent for a year but money talks and I‘m sure
with a bit of effort you’ll find what you are after.

Joel
http://asiahotelbookings.netfirms.com
~No booking fees collected. All payments made at the hotel.~
Old March 27th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Martin Harris

Martin Harris wrote:
I am thinking of renting a house for a three - six month period. Using
this as a base to travel to Vietnam, China and other bits of Asia.

Some Q's if anyone can help.

1. Where would be a well connected but interesting place. i.e not a
large city but not the middle of nowhere either. Needs an airport but
local would do. Train and road should also be reasonable.

2. How much ($) should I expect as a monthly two bed flat rental in a
reasonable area?

Any other tips or web addresses welcome. Just post here as others might
find it a useful thread.

Cheers fot the info.

The problem with Vietnam is the Visa. I am in the UK and can only get 1
month visa. Looking into useing Thailand as a base instead.

--
Martin Harris